Old 05-06-2016, 11:08 PM   #11

Another way to get rid of condensation is with AC or heat. Though I think the last thing I want to do is run the AC on a cold morning, lol.

Old 05-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #12

we have that problem in our Berkshire too. we put the windshield defroster on, but we usually have to keep it on to stop it from fogging back up while driving. I have heard that shaving cream on the windshield helps but I haven't tried it yet. Other than giving the advice "always RV some place warm" I can't offer any other help..... sorry.
Good Luck,
Karen

RKNOLA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:01 PM   #13

I carry an extra 10,000 btu Ac for my neck of the woods (Arizona) but it also has just dehumidifier feature. Store it behind divers seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-12-2016, 08:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Boy View Post
Look on the bright side. Using micro fiber chamois it's the best window cleaner going. Not to mention absorbing all the condensate that collects at the bottom of the window.

2015 XL 40QL
Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Can't agree More Paul! In fact we are going to go completely Microfiber and ditch all our cotton towels and go to these:

http://www.amazon.com/Fit-Spirit%C2%AE-Absorbent-Microfiber-Skidless/dp/B016QS7BQU?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_ act_title_1&smid=A2WRS4X4C0GMOQ

I bought one set as a "test" Anne-Marie was VERY skeptical & had bad experience with the texture of other microfiber towels. She now uses the microfiber towel for her daily shower and a 20x40 one for her hair. She loves the fact that the microfiber dries completely in @ 4 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
we have that problem in our Berkshire too. we put the windshield defroster on, but we usually have to keep it on to stop it from fogging back up while driving. I have heard that shaving cream on the windshield helps but I haven't tried it yet. Other than giving the advice "always RV some place warm" I can't offer any other help..... sorry.
LOL Karen! We call that the 85/50 rule: When we retire if the temperature goes above 85, we move - below 50, we move

One thing we found really worked here in the south in our old 5er was this:

Amazon.com: New and Improved Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier: Home & Kitchen

They really work! When they absorb all the humidity you just take 'em outside, plug them in to a power-strip and that dries them out in @ 2 hours--ready to use again. They are rated to last up to 10 years and are a HECK of a lot better than using damp-rid desiccant, which can spill and makes for a NASTY clean-up -- don't ask me how I know this
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:51 PM   #15

quote: Can't agree More Paul! In fact we are going to go completely Microfiber and ditch all our cotton towels and go to these:

Good to hear BamaBob! Now I don't have to worry if you will like your Goshen goodie bag!!
Karen

RKNOLA is online now   Reply With Quote