Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2015, 01:52 PM   #1

Forest River and Randy!!

I am writing this post because I wanted everyone to know about my experience with Randy at Forest River's diesel plant. I ordered my 2014 Berkshire 390BH back in April of 2013 and took delivery in July of 2013. Unfortunately my bunk slide frame was not installed properly and the only way to fix it was to bring it to the plant. My coach is outside of the FR warranty at this time but when I arrived at the plant two weeks ago (23 March 2015) Randy asked what else I needed fixed! His team went through my entire coach with a fine tooth comb and fixed everything I noted which wasn't much and then they also fixed things they noticed with out me telling them. I also had a scratch on my basement door which they re-painted!!! They removed my slide, fixed the frame and re-painted that area and it came out great! They also gave me and my father in-law a tour of the plant which was amazing!

I just hope all of the Berkshire, Legacy and Charleston owners out there know how much Randy, his team and everyone else at the Forest River Diesel division take pride in there work and stand behind their products! They went above and beyond to ensure my coach was fixed perfectly and returned in pristine condition!!

Thanks to Randy and his team at FR!!

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:18 PM   #2

This has been Randy and FR's history. I had the same experience when I went to the factory to get repairs on my kitchen slide on my '08 Berkshire. They did a great job and as you mentioned, repaired other items and did some retrofit items that I didn't know or ask about. This is why I am on my 2nd Berkshire.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:35 PM   #3

Looking forward to meeting Randy and his team. I have an appointment for June 23rd to install the slide plates under the wardrobe slide on my 2014 390BH-60.
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:08 PM   #4

Where did you stay while you were having the work done?
jmgllt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:39 PM   #5

Jason that experience Has been shared by a good many owners of FR products but in particular the diesel owners. Randy and crew are an asset to all of the owners I have talked to. I'm sure we all have talked to people that own other brands and they all have issues. It's not possible to have a complex RV and not have issues. The response I have always gotten from randy was positive and helpful.
Thanks for sharing and very happy to hear you are all fixed and back on the road.
Phil

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgllt View Post
Where did you stay while you were having the work done?

The first night I got there, I stayed at Elkhart campground then dropped the coach off and went to my sister in-laws in lake mills WI. Then stayed at the La Quinta inn by the airport in south bend. Very nice and gave a military discount. My coach was dropped off Monday and was complete Wednesday morning. Very quick turn around
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #7
(Dry Huunday)

Outstanding!!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #8

That's great to hear Jason, I'm glad you were able to get the problems fixed. And hats off to Mr. Randy and his team. I hear nothing but great things about them.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #9

Forest River has made a believer out of me for loyalty to their Customers. I have owned 3 Forest River Units and The last two Forest River Units, I have had some minor issues with. When I joined Forest River Owners Group (FROGS) it was a blessing! FROGS guided me to the right person to help me with my issues, where my Dealer did nothing. Last Year at the Frog Rally they fixed my RV to where I was satisfied. Thank-you Forest River!!!!
popinfresh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:25 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for all the great posts on Randy and FR service. Makes me feel really good about our new coach. I don't think I would hesitate to take ours there if we are on a trip to the midwest.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #11

Nice to hear about the good experiences.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:20 AM   #12

Let me jump on the bandwagon. Randy and crew are the best. Just another showing to Forest River's commitment to diesel owners.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:45 PM   #13

Good to ear all the good comments regarding Randy. So far i received good services and reply to my numerous E-mail. Anxious to meet him Monday morning for my appointment to fix and adjust my brand new rig.

Claude
lacecl2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:16 PM   #14

What is the address of the factory?
jmgllt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:54 PM   #15

jmgllt
the address is:
1800 West Hively Ave.
Elkhart, In 46517

Claude
Old 04-16-2015, 09:37 AM   #16

Mitch as well!

We have a '14 Berkshire 390RB which we purchased in 10/13 at Total Value RV in Elkhart IN. The folks at Total Value have been fantastic to us ( this is our second unit purchased from them) and have always done a good job taking care of any issues with our coach-- of which there have been several. However, there were some things that they could not do and that was adjusting the slides ( all four) to the point they were correct.
They attempted to adjust them but when they did, they threw the paint lines off horribly on all four slides so much so one could detect the "breaks" in the lines from 20 feet away.
We are fortunate to live about 20 miles from Forest River.
I called FR and was put in contact with Mitch Wirth ( who works with Randy) and sent him some pictures of the paint alignment issues.
Without hesitation, Mitch scheduled a time for me to bring our coach over and have 1) either the slides aligned correctly or repaint the whole unit if need be or both.
To make a long story short, over the period of about one week, I was in constant contact with Mitch. There were a number of very minor issues that had to be addressed and Mitch had no problem adding these to the repair list.
We picked up the coach Tuesday and everything was perfect--even the small issues I added.
The reason I mention all this is becasue if anyone has to deal with FR and instead of getting Randy ( who I have only met once) to help you, you are put in touch with Mitch--fear not! You will be well taken care of. He's a very personable person and his follow-up and communication is excellent.
As a FR representative--you couldn't ask for a better person.
As long as FR has staff like this--they have any future business we might have with diesel motor homes.
Thanks Mitch!
Bob the Newbie
osu65bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:59 AM   #17

Bob,
You are correct. Mitch and Randy are both very pleasant, knowledgeable, and easy to deal with. They make a great team which is why I am on my second Berkshire.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Bob,
You are correct. Mitch and Randy are both very pleasant, knowledgeable, and easy to deal with. They make a great team which is why I am on my second Berkshire.
X3 here. In my dealings with FR, they have been nothing but helpful and have corrected all of my problems. I also bought from Total Value RV and have nothing but good things to say about them as well, but the distance to the factory was the same as the dealership for me, so I've always brought my coach back to Randy and Mitch. Forest River support in diesel division is top notch.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:31 PM   #19

Same great experiences here too. Been dealing with Mitch for the last few things and he has been tremendous. They are a large part of the reason why I will be purchasing another Berk some day.

James
speedmerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:39 AM   #20

Randy and the Team

All,

It had been 2 years since our last visit to 1800 West Hively and I am pleased to report that Randy and his team are still the best thing Forest River has going for itself. We had a few minor issues come up on our winter trip and decided to wait and stop by on our way back home (what is a 1000 miles off course to us retired). Arrived at the factory April 6th as scheduled and they started right away, spent the night in the parking lot and work was completed the following morning. Randy, Mitch, Warren and Chris are a huge asset to Forest River and they show how committed they are to standing behind the product. Every little item and more was repaired and serviced.

Thanks Guys!

GOOD LUCK
AREA51
AREA51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river