Old 04-07-2015, 01:52 PM   #1
Forest River and Randy!!

I am writing this post because I wanted everyone to know about my experience with Randy at Forest River's diesel plant. I ordered my 2014 Berkshire 390BH back in April of 2013 and took delivery in July of 2013. Unfortunately my bunk slide frame was not installed properly and the only way to fix it was to bring it to the plant. My coach is outside of the FR warranty at this time but when I arrived at the plant two weeks ago (23 March 2015) Randy asked what else I needed fixed! His team went through my entire coach with a fine tooth comb and fixed everything I noted which wasn't much and then they also fixed things they noticed with out me telling them. I also had a scratch on my basement door which they re-painted!!! They removed my slide, fixed the frame and re-painted that area and it came out great! They also gave me and my father in-law a tour of the plant which was amazing!

I just hope all of the Berkshire, Legacy and Charleston owners out there know how much Randy, his team and everyone else at the Forest River Diesel division take pride in there work and stand behind their products! They went above and beyond to ensure my coach was fixed perfectly and returned in pristine condition!!

Thanks to Randy and his team at FR!!

JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:18 PM   #2
This has been Randy and FR's history. I had the same experience when I went to the factory to get repairs on my kitchen slide on my '08 Berkshire. They did a great job and as you mentioned, repaired other items and did some retrofit items that I didn't know or ask about. This is why I am on my 2nd Berkshire.

Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:35 PM   #3
Looking forward to meeting Randy and his team. I have an appointment for June 23rd to install the slide plates under the wardrobe slide on my 2014 390BH-60.
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
Where did you stay while you were having the work done?
jmgllt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:39 PM   #5
Jason that experience Has been shared by a good many owners of FR products but in particular the diesel owners. Randy and crew are an asset to all of the owners I have talked to. I'm sure we all have talked to people that own other brands and they all have issues. It's not possible to have a complex RV and not have issues. The response I have always gotten from randy was positive and helpful.
Thanks for sharing and very happy to hear you are all fixed and back on the road.
Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:46 PM   #6
Originally Posted by jmgllt View Post
Where did you stay while you were having the work done?

The first night I got there, I stayed at Elkhart campground then dropped the coach off and went to my sister in-laws in lake mills WI. Then stayed at the La Quinta inn by the airport in south bend. Very nice and gave a military discount. My coach was dropped off Monday and was complete Wednesday morning. Very quick turn around
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #7
(Dry Huunday)

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #8
That's great to hear Jason, I'm glad you were able to get the problems fixed. And hats off to Mr. Randy and his team. I hear nothing but great things about them.
2013 Berkshire 390BH
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #9
Forest River has made a believer out of me for loyalty to their Customers. I have owned 3 Forest River Units and The last two Forest River Units, I have had some minor issues with. When I joined Forest River Owners Group (FROGS) it was a blessing! FROGS guided me to the right person to help me with my issues, where my Dealer did nothing. Last Year at the Frog Rally they fixed my RV to where I was satisfied. Thank-you Forest River!!!!
popinfresh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:25 PM   #10
Thanks everyone for all the great posts on Randy and FR service. Makes me feel really good about our new coach. I don't think I would hesitate to take ours there if we are on a trip to the midwest.

2015 Legacy 340KP
2012 Wrangler Sport
captnrick3 is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river