Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 03:06 PM   #11
2014 Berkshire 360QL

Dealer/Manufacturer Quality Control

I know the dealer you are referring to and my experience with the dealer and also Forest River has been nothing but top notch. Both have worked with me to get the issues fixed and they did fix them. Forest River as well as all the RV manufacturers have a quality control issue that should be addressed. The first RV manufacturer that sets up a true quality control will find their purses overflowing, once the word gets out. Much better to eliminate the issue before it goes to the customer than to handle it after the fact. I am sorry to hear of your experience and I hope you get full satisfaction even though you have a bad taste right now.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:10 PM   #12

About 12 years we toured a Sunnybrook factory in Indiana. They had quality control at different steps. If a problem was found, the trailer went back to the previous step to be corrected which held up production. The employees did not like this very well because it was noted in their record. Too many mistakes and they were no longer employed. I don't think RV quality control is done this way anymore. We purchased a Sunnybrook and had one minor problem in the 3 years we owned it.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:29 PM   #13

FR stepped up when the selling dealer wouldn't even return calls about issues on our 2015 30THSS. FR got involved and took care of it.

Nuff said!
Old 10-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercity View Post
FR stepped up when the selling dealer wouldn't even return calls about issues on our 2015 30THSS. FR got involved and took care of it.

Nuff said!
My dealer has been trying to get FR to return their calls for a week. The dealer knows my complaints are legitimate. FR doesn't want to step up for three major issues.

Nuff said!
Old 10-28-2015, 04:57 PM   #15

Many of us have had common problems that we can help each other resolve. I chime in from time to time to ask a question or offer a suggestion. I feel terrible for the horror stories but I hope I am one of the lucky(knock on wood) many Berkshire owners who have never had to visit Elkhart.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:18 PM   #16
USAF Retired

We bought our 2011 Georgetown (7,000 miles) as a second owner in 2013 from a dealership. We expected problems, but did not expect to find that much of the hydraulic lines were blistering with bubbles. We called Forrest River to see if this was a standard problem with this model. They offered to send us a full brand new set free so that all we had to pay for was the labor. We took it to a local dealership (not where we bought it) service center and they said that they would reduce the labor charge since this was not something that should have happened. I feel that Forrest River went beyond what could be expected no a says in making sure they had happy customers. Our next RV will be a new Forrest River!!!!
Old 10-28-2015, 07:01 PM   #17

GREGGF,first off don't fell bad about asking a question.New to the site,you can't be expected to have seen all posts on the site.Now I well fell sorry for you as to where you bought the coach.I too purchased from same dealer(a 38A) and after many return trips to dealer have given up and made appointment to take it back to factory so it can be done right.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
My dealer has been trying to get FR to return their calls for a week. The dealer knows my complaints are legitimate. FR doesn't want to step up for three major issues.

Nuff said!

Send me a PM. I'll give you a phone number to call..

Paul
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-28-2015, 08:10 PM   #19

Quote:

Nuff said!

What issues are you having. Like Paul said I have phone numbers to get you in direct contact with the people that can get you fixed. I have never had them tell me they can't get me fixed and I the road.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:27 PM   #20

Quote:

Nuff said!

Are you 100% positive that your dealer is trying to contact FR? Or are they just telling you that? Have you tried to contact FR yourself?

Tags
forest river