Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 09:41 PM   #21
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Are you 100% positive that your dealer is trying to contact FR? Or are they just telling you that? Have you tried to contact FR yourself?
x2!
Dealers often pass the blame, when it's them have dropped the ball.
They're the guilty party more often, than the manufacturers.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
Old 10-28-2015, 11:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Are you 100% positive that your dealer is trying to contact FR? Or are they just telling you that? Have you tried to contact FR yourself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
x2!
Dealers often pass the blame, when it's them have dropped the ball.
They're the guilty party more often, than the manufacturers.
I agree. Forest River Diesel has a number to call if your coach is in for repair for more than 5 days. My local Forest River dealer told me that it takes forever to get approval for TT repairs, but that they approve my repairs immediately.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:28 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggf View Post
My wife and I picked up our new 2015 Berkshire on January 7th 2015. What a happy day that was for us. My smile was so big that I could hardly get through the door.

By the next weekend my smile was upside down. We took Zarina to Gettysburg that weekend (Dry Camping) as it had been winterized. We came back with a list of 37 items that were not right. Some big and some small. Some of the items were windshield leaks, Left low beam burnt out and the headlight itself was full of condensation, Bolt sheered off the steps that holds the step motor, door lock mechanism sticks, etc. You get the idea. Lots of cosmetic quality issues though out.

Took it back to the dealer for repairs. Some were made some where not and I'm still waiting on them. It has been a total nightmare.

Once we turned the water on we had leaks everywhere, no hot water, floors coming up, washing machine just floods. Then 2 cables on the main slide out broke. The generator was loose and sliding around in the compartment and much more.

So I wrote Forest River a very nasty email detailing all our Berkshire issues to date and how we could not believe the lack of customer service we were receiving from the dealer.

Mitch from Forest River called. He gave me time to vent and talk about all my issues and he put together a plan to make us happy Forest River Berkshire owners.

He worked with the dealer to get a number of our issues resolved (Replaced the hot water heater with a different manufacturers model) so we could go on a trip and scheduled us an appointment to get the bus back to the factory for a total going over.

They will pick up the Zarina from our home in New Jersey, take it to their factory and go over it from end to end.

That won't happen until February 8th but we are just about done for the year now anyway. I am sure this will resolve all our issues.

Minus the issues we have had we love the ride, layout, look and feel, towing capacity and amenities that the Berkshire has. Our plan is to go full time next year from April through October and see how we like the life. Hopefully all the issues will be resolved and we will be very happy Berkshire owners.
Not being a Berkshire owner but a new 2015 Legacy owner I have had nothing but a great experience with FR. A few small items came up and my dealer being so far away became an issue. But my local shop I use often was approved for warranty repairs and they paid 100% of the work. I also bought a bumper to bumper warranty including exterior for 10 years....at $4000 I felt it was worth it....from where I am standing my experience with FR is far better than my past one with Holiday Rambler...
Old 10-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #24
Site Team

WOW!

Late to the party here, as this one has went way off-track. The site team is going to close it temporarily while we move the off-topic posts to their own thread.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
Old 10-30-2015, 11:07 AM   #25
Site Team

Ok, this thread got as about sideways as one can get, and not only derailed, it appears the hazmat team is needed to quarantine it.

We have "attempted" to remove all the off-topic, insultive, baiting, and derogatory posts.... a few of which are guideline violations.

To be honest, some posts may have been removed that were OK, but got caught up in the sweep, so don't feel offended if yours is one of them, please. We are going to keep this thread closed to new posts, while we continue to look at it. It's possible more posts will be deleted, or some may come back once it is reviewed further.

We are all friends here, and please, let's play nice. We are all here to help one another, no matter what RV anyone has. We never need to lose sight of that big picture.

Thanks
Your FRF site team.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
Closed Thread

Tags
forest river