Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2019, 11:00 AM   #41

That's typical FR. Once they got your money they don't ever want to hear from you again, that is until you want to buy another one. Can not even get help from the factory with issues with your coach....
garyhopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:19 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhopp View Post
That's typical FR. Once they got your money they don't ever want to hear from you again, that is until you want to buy another one. Can not even get help from the factory with issues with your coach....

I have had the opposite experience with my used coach. (2012 390BH) the factory have been great with help. But I have not asked them to fix anything- just for information and parts.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:16 PM   #43
Dragonship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g View Post
I have had the opposite experience with my used coach. (2012 390BH) the factory have been great with help. But I have not asked them to fix anything- just for information and parts.
Yes they will happily sell you parts. However, often you can shop around for price and find out why.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:06 PM   #44

Your rig hasn't reached the 10 yr plateau yet.... If my experience is an indicator, that's when you might change your tune....

I've had no issues either - until our rig celebrated it 10 yr birthday....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 12:00 PM   #45

I had a similar experience, only my Greywolf travel trailer that I purchased brand new was less than 2 years old. I have floor screws backing out under the linoleum. Took my camper to a FR dealer which had performed previous work for me. He stated it is such an obvious manufacturing defect that he wouldn't work on it, and referred me back to the to the FR manufacturer. Of course they refused to provide any sort of good will warranty and were not of any assistance in even helping me find someone that could fix it. My dealer still refused to work on it even if I paid in full on my end because he feels it's such an obvious manufacturing defect the FR should cover it.
HappyCamper0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:57 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Your rig hasn't reached the 10 yr plateau yet.... If my experience is an indicator, that's when you might change your tune....

I've had no issues either - until our rig celebrated it 10 yr birthday....
Well it says a lot for a Berkshire that it can BE 10 year old needing repairs.... if you owned a THOR it wouldn't live to be 2 years old much less 10!

Try Felton's RV Service in Houston owner: Mitchell Graska 713-695-0067
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:36 AM   #47

IMHO you only need to search for an FR dealer is you are looking for warranty service. After that expires in my area (Lake Havasu, AZ) there are several independent RV service shops that will work on anything. They will find whatever parts are required to get you back on the road. These shops are not Brand Specific.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer