Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #1

FR Outstanding Customer Service

Greetings All, I just have to share a great service experience we had with Forest River:
The dinette table of the 390RB is supposed to fit between the dinette wings, resting on ledger boards, to be used as the base for the extra cushions when the dinette is converted to a sleeping area.
Our dinette table was made too short to fit and could not be used for this purpose. After waiting and waiting for an answer from my dealer, I contacted Randy at FR, who then turned it over to Isaac in the Parts Dept.
Within 10 days a new table was made to the correct size and delivered right to my house (in a superbly crafted wooden crate I might add)! All completely under warranty and without charge.

I really have to commend Forest River for their customer service. Randy and Isaac were courteous and eager to solve the problem, and did so quickly with no issues. Certainly reinforces our choice of the Berkshire along with Forest River's reputation.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Glad to hear they took care of your dinette issue. As I'm sure many of us have encountered similar issues. My question to FR would be. Why did it take the customer trying to use the dinette table for its other purpose to discover the table was too small? I guess they might have different sizes for different models. I really wonder if there is a QC inspection done on their units.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #3

Errors do happen no matter how hard we try to eliminate them, the real measure is how a company deals with the issues when they arise. It is good to hear FR stepped up to the table, no pun intended, and rectified the error.

Unfortunately sometimes I believe FR has been given a bad reputation by the actions of their dealers. My personal experience with the dealer has not been good to say the least. The dealers are ready to sell the RV's but when service is required the support is not there.

Good to hear a good story about FR support.

George & Diana
2011 Berkshire 390RB360
GHodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #4

Randy, warranty manager at Forest River is a huge asset to Forest River. He has taken charge on 2 occasions, for me, when the dealer blew it!

It's rare in todays corporate world to find people like Randy Houser. Randy is focused on the customer and making sure that when you buy a Berkshire motor home you are getting a quality product and the components work the way they are supposed to.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
2011 Berkshire 390bh

I have to agree that Randy is excellent and Forest River is lucky to have a man of his caliber. He and Forest River have both stepped up big time for me and for many others.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
2011 Berkshire 390BH

I have to also echo the sentiments of others about Randy. He has been on top of all of the Berkshire work being done at the rally. He has always been responsive whenever I have had issues, now and in the past. His team at Rally, including Parts Manager Andy Thompson, continue to address every issue, no matter how big or small. Both Randy and Andy would stop by each day and let you know what was going on and when they would be around. They are both a Class Act!

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #7

Does anyone have an email address for Randy Houser at Forest River. I have hit the end of the rope trying to deal with a dealer that cannot provide answers for even fix the simplest of things.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

George & Diana
2011 Berkshire 390RB60
GHodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #8

Here is Randy's address:

Randy Houser (RHouser@forestriverinc.com)

His team is great! You should be fixed up in no time.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #9

My family & I just returned home from Elkhart IN having work done on our 2011 390BH-60 coach. I'm so impressed with the customer service that Randy, Mitch and those that work under Randy's supervision. I dropped off the Coach at 8:00am and by 2:00 pm Randy called us to came and pick it up. When I returned to the camp ground that we were staying at
I found out that they had fixed other items that I was not aware of. A great bunch of people to deal with.
rjdoner192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #10

I can attest to the great help Randy has been !
Old 08-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #11

I have never dealt with Randy but have with Mitch and Mitch has been excellent as well. Comforting to know when you spend this much money that somebody cares.
speedmerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Loads of us at the Goshen rally had spectacular stories of excellent customer service from Forest River. I'd like to thank the Surveyor service team and Susan Thornberg for going above and beyond to take care of my needs while I was there.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #13

Was just down at the factory and Randy also helped me out with a situation. He is definitely a great assest to us and FR.
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer service