Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #1

Freightliner vs Forest River

Does anyone know if the headlight wiring is supplied by Freightliner or installed by Forest River? One of the headlights on 2014 Berkshire went out. Bought a replacement bulb and of course it didn't fix the problem. I am going to Gaffney on Monday and wanted to know if it is a Freightliner problem or Forest River problem.
Any insight as to who is responsible for the system is appreciated.
Thanks

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #2

I will say Freightliner because the lights are part of the chassis.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:06 PM   #3

Idaho,
That's what I'm hoping. Since I will be at Gaffney Monday, I'm hoping that they can fix it then under warranty.
Tom

Old 01-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #4

I'm betting it will be on forest river. I had a burned out license plate light actually ended up being a harness issue. Freightliner repaired it however didn't fall under their chassis warranty. Forest river picked up the tab.

As far as headlights the new Legacy has some ultra modern hid style lights with halos. Looks like a BMW headlamp. I would be surprised if that was a freightliner part or design.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #5

I would go with it being a FR warranty item. Freightliner supplies the chassis, but the headlights are part of the body which is supplied by the coach builder. Somewhere in your owners paperwork you will have a Freightliner 1-800 number and have your VIN handy, they can answer any question you may have with the simple clicks of a keyboard. And I may add are excellent to deal with.

There is a good chance that they will say to bring your coach in to have it looked at to see if it is a wire harness issue.

But, I would at least give them a call for direction as to the proper route to go.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #6

Tom it's a FR installed item. I had them replace one under warranty in October last year it was fogged up with moisture and wouldn't clear up. FL may be able to help out. Hopefully the 14's have better headlights. I need to switch out to a better bulb. Any suggestions? Good luck.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #7

I'm curious as to who supplies the wiring harnesses. One head light is not working. Changed the bulb but still have the problem. At Gaffney now for another issue so will ask about the headlight not working.

Tags
forest river