Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2015, 09:42 AM   #21

I asked that question and was told that if they put a regular door on that compartment people would store thinks in it and do damage to the pump and water lines.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I asked that question and was told that if they put a regular door on that compartment people would store thinks in it and do damage to the pump and water lines.
PHIL, you don't believe in fair tales? So why didn't FR put those crapy latches on the hydraulics' compartment, where there is al sorts of fluids, electrical, motors that one can damage? LOL
Old 06-15-2015, 02:02 PM   #23

Russell; that is a clever idea you have for the port-hole between compartments. May I ask where you got the 6" port and how did you cut the hole?

Awhile back, I remember seeing a motorhome that came standard with a water tank view window on the side of the coach.

My over-flow/ vent tube pokes through the floor with some caulk. One of my thoughts is to cut the overflow tube about 7" from the floor and discard the portion going through the floor. Then place a 10 " PVC pipe through the floor and insert the overflow tube into the top of the pipe. The PVC pipe should have 9" in the compartment and 1" protruding through the floor. Since the water tank is 6" high, it will never siphon with this arrangement.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:07 PM   #24

I don't know Hank but I did ask Randy in person why they didn't outfit that compartment the same as the rest and that was his answer. He said they will never change it and it was because people used it to store to many things and it caused issues. I have thought about at least putting the shocks on but it's really not a big deal to me.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:31 PM   #25

Fresh water tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
Russell; that is a clever idea you have for the port-hole between compartments. May I ask where you got the 6" port and how did you cut the hole?

Awhile back, I remember seeing a motorhome that came standard with a water tank view window on the side of the coach.

My over-flow/ vent tube pokes through the floor with some caulk. One of my thoughts is to cut the overflow tube about 7" from the floor and discard the portion going through the floor. Then place a 10 " PVC pipe through the floor and insert the overflow tube into the top of the pipe. The PVC pipe should have 9" in the compartment and 1" protruding through the floor. Since the water tank is 6" high, it will never siphon with this arrangement.

I got the port hole from my RV dealer. I believe it is similar to the ones they use in the wet bay of RV's to run your sewer lines out of. Just cut hole with a jigsaw.

Heck I never screw the center back into the port hole. So really one could just cut a square hole there and leave it open.

Russell.
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank