Old 06-01-2015, 07:15 AM   #1
Fulltime in our Berkshire

Fresh water tank location

Is there more than one fresh water tank?

While working in the water bay, I noticed a tank that looked about one third full. We always keep a 1/2 to 2/3 full of fresh water and I can visually see that on the passenger side along with the sensors. The grey and black water tanks were drained and flushed out last weekend, so I'm not sure what the water tank I'm looking at in the water bay is for.

I don't know why, but I always "assumed" the black and grey water tanks were black in color and you couldn't see the water in them.

Thanks !
Ken

Old 06-01-2015, 07:43 AM   #2

Hyd. oil tank? Def.Tank? Was the Unit owned by a (Moonshine Runner)? Just a few guesses! Youroo!!

Old 06-01-2015, 07:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Hyd. oil tank? Def.Tank? Was the Unit owned by a (Moonshine Runner)? Just a few guesses! Youroo!!
Hmmm....now I have to look at all the hidden areas for the still......I could be the most popular spot at every camp ground i go to
Old 06-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #4

Sounds like you are talking about a difference from the driver's side and the passenger side? If so, the fresh water level can look very different even if the coach is slightly tilted.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Sounds like you are talking about a difference from the driver's side and the passenger side? If so, the fresh water level can look very different even if the coach is slightly tilted.
Hi Dan:

That's not what i'm trying to describe. (I often have a problem explaining myself).

On the drivers' side I'm seeing what appears to be another tank. However, if you're saying the fresh water tank runs the width of the coach, that answers my question.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 06-01-2015, 01:04 PM   #6

Ken, although it initially seemed to be a single tank across the entire coach to me, peering into the tank area it appears that it is actually multiple tanks connected by some hoses that equalizes them. I believe that is why one side can look fuller then the other side.
At least that is what it looks like to me.

In any case, yes, the water tank(s) span the entire area side to side.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #7

Unles FR has changed something, you should have one fresh water tank that is the whole width of the coach. The fresh water tank is somewhat clear and can be seen behind the sewer dump valves on the driver side and when you open the water pump area door on the passenger side. The two black tanks above the fresh tank is you black and grey holding tanks.

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2014 Berkshire 390BH
2011 cadillac SRX
Old 06-02-2015, 09:07 AM   #8
T21

Ken, my T21 toy hauler definitely has two fresh water tanks. They both stretch across the width of the trailer, are connected by hoses, and each has a separate drain in the middle of the tank.

By the way, I removed the drains and replaced them with hoses that run to the edge of the trailer with valves. I got tired of crawling under the trailer each time they needed to be drained. Gary
Old 06-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #9

Thanks to all for the reply. I feel much better knowing that I don't have a problem with draining the gray water tank.

Home is Where we park it
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fresh water, location, tank, water, water tank