Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2015, 09:32 PM   #21

Replaced mind with whirlpool French door and went to heaven!! Dometic was terrible. Past 3 months with replacement awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Texas Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:04 PM   #22

these absorbtion refers need 3 things. good heat source, good venting, good leveling. your describing the same symptoms on gas and electric. so, lets assume you got good heat. 2 fans in a slide unit with 4 doors sounds light. ive seen that standard on a 2 door. you need to be level anytime the coach is parked for over .5 hours with it on. leveling doesnt matter traveling. there is a siphon tube like an old style percolator that sits next to the heat source. once that over heats, sodium chromate can crystalize in it and reduce or stop performance, like hardening of the arteries. chunks of sodium chromate can also float in the system and block flow temporarily. such as when you mention working for a while and then issues again. once outside temps get over 100 you will go over 40 in the box. some claim with extra fans, they get a better spread. id probably try some temp fans to check for improvement. go a new core, prolly the amish, or the 110 unit if the fans dont work.
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:45 PM   #23

Thanks Crocket. I'll try the fans to see if that helps. Silver had a good idea on placing them. It's just weird because today was a nice day around 80 and sunny b temp all day was 33-35. Tonight it's around 65 and of course no sun and its 38. It hasn't been opened for several hours and isn't running? It's set at 5 wouldn't it keep running until it cools off?

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:12 PM   #24

Fridge issue

I bought these and installed 3 out of 5. My cabinet sides are no longer burning hot and my ice cream is rock hard. Not bad for $20

ARCTIC F12 - Value Pack (5pc) - 120 mm Standard Low Noise Case Fan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTUJRHK..._eLgSvbDWCC053

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:06 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Thanks Crocket. I'll try the fans to see if that helps. Silver had a good idea on placing them. It's just weird because today was a nice day around 80 and sunny b temp all day was 33-35. Tonight it's around 65 and of course no sun and its 38. It hasn't been opened for several hours and isn't running? It's set at 5 wouldn't it keep running until it cools off?
i would think 5 would get you to 32 or 33 before it would shut off. i have monitored the preset dometic without the temp adjustment and it hovers at 32 to 33. the dinosaur micro p-711 has an adjustable thermister so you can add even more range. oem dometic boards have always had their issues. the AMES (automatic manual energy selection) board dometic came out with in 93 i believe was their first foray into the realm of the digital controls. pretty much the same controls today. i talked with guy gruper the owner of dinosaur in about 99 and he said they had just reached the 5,000,000 threshold in p-711 production. now, that number may sound enormous and my dates may be a little off. but I remember the 5 million number and it being after approximately 6 or 7 years of dometic ames production. bottom line... a LOT of dometic boards have been replaced through the years. you can wire the element(s) direct 110. thats the common core test. i got one testing right now...bubble level, half the volumn of the bubble in the circle...
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #26

Following these post!
jmgllt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge