Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2015, 09:21 PM   #21

If you do go through Meeteetse, don't miss the Meeteetse Chocolatier!
WY Husker Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:39 PM   #22

earnest 917,

I just went from Buffalo to Cody two days ago.

I took 90 to Laurel, MT; then south on US 212 to US 310, MT 72 to WY 120. There was about a 5 mile section of 310, just after I got off 90, that was a gravel surface and road under construction. A couple of flagmen stopping traffic. Probably didn't go faster than 10-15 mph. Pretty rough...thought I was going to loose a filling or two...bounced around pretty good.

After that, a relatively smooth pavement into Cody. It was an easy drive with rolling hill scenery along with a pretty good, 15 minute thunder storm.
johng4706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:32 PM   #23

Oakman is correct: 14 and 16 are easiest, but 14A in my opinion is the most scenic. However, it climbs very steeply for a few miles. In 2014 that road had quite a few "dips", but not a big deal since speed will be slow by necessity. There are impressive, unobstructed views back to the west, and on a clear day the Teton mountains can be seen far in the distance. Switchbacks are not tight and not a problem with any size RV. Going down the east side into Sheridan is a long, moderately steep, manageable decent with easy switchbacks and good road.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote