Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
Fulltime in our Berkshire
 
KennyGolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 882
Front license plate

State of Ohio requires a front plate along with the rear. I don't really want to throw it on the dash.

Does anyone know where I can get a plate bracket that will mount on the front of the MH ?

Thanks,
Ken
__________________

__________________
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:37 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
JTN8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 619
I bought one from autozone and installed it on the front generator slide. Drilled two holes and mounted it with no issues. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1419266258.483751.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	67749

Jason
__________________

__________________
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #3
Fulltime in our Berkshire
 
KennyGolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 882
That looks good !! Auto zone, here I come......
__________________
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Youngstown
Posts: 139
I choose to live on the edge regarding ohio's flp. I just can't drill holes in the front of my berk.


2014 Berkshire 400bh.
2014 Jeep Rubicon unlimited Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
Glenn
2014 Berkshire 400BH
2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
grt1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
Fulltime in our Berkshire
 
KennyGolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by grt1014 View Post
I choose to live on the edge regarding ohio's flp. I just can't drill holes in the front of my berk.


2014 Berkshire 400bh.
2014 Jeep Rubicon unlimited Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Look at the bright side....it will keep the bugs off that small section of the front
__________________
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:10 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Youngstown
Posts: 139
ThT is one positive way to look at it. Lol


2014 Berkshire 400bh.
2014 Jeep Rubicon unlimited Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
Glenn
2014 Berkshire 400BH
2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
grt1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
JTN8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by grt1014 View Post
I choose to live on the edge regarding ohio's flp. I just can't drill holes in the front of my berk.


2014 Berkshire 400bh.
2014 Jeep Rubicon unlimited Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

I hear ya!! Wasn't easy drilling into my 14 berk either!! Unfortunately VA police will pull you over for just about anything and I didn't want to take the chance.

Jason
__________________
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
tmmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island (Nassau County), NY
Posts: 4,258
I drilled holes into the front of my '08 Berkshire and told my self that I wouldn't do the same on my '14. So, I just put the front plate on the front dash standing up against the windshield. I bought a couple of suction cup hooks and removed the metal hooks. I pushed the stub on the suction cup through the hole on the license plate and suctioned it to the windshield. So far, so good.
__________________
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #9
Fulltime in our Berkshire
 
KennyGolub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
I drilled holes into the front of my '08 Berkshire and told my self that I wouldn't do the same on my '14. So, I just put the front plate on the front dash standing up against the windshield. I bought a couple of suction cup hooks and removed the metal hooks. I pushed the stub on the suction cup through the hole on the license plate and suctioned it to the windshield. So far, so good.
I'm liking the sound of that. I think I will try it. Thanks !
__________________
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
State of Ohio requires a front plate along with the rear. I don't really want to throw it on the dash.

Does anyone know where I can get a plate bracket that will mount on the front of the MH ?

Thanks,
Ken
I know what the Ohio law says. At one Local Municipal parking lot there was (1 Corvette) (1Trans Am) (1BMW) with only the rear (Personalized Plate). There were (3) Pickup Trucks with Front plates though,one plate said (John Deere) another said (UK Wildcats) and one said (Firefighter)! Dealer plates only require (1) rear plate? They try to tell you it is for (ID),I have NEVER seen a (Bank robber,Gas station drive away,Hit and Run,Ect. (BACK AWAY) from the Scene! Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.