Old 09-07-2015, 07:54 AM   #21

If there is a storage compartment under the slide,,, check to make sure there is nothing caught on the shaft ???

Old 09-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #22

rear of pump

Boowho, I took photo of back of the pump. Notice gap..tighten any more and no worky. 1 arrow is loosened screw, 2 is the gap. Hope this helps and thanks for all the help in here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Back of Hydraulic pump.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	88012  

Old 09-07-2015, 09:37 AM   #23

general pump photo

this is generic shot I took of the unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150907_072510.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	88013  
Old 09-07-2015, 11:52 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eqdawg87 View Post
Looks just like mine..... If loosening one or both of those bolts makes a difference then either a brush is out of alignment or a pinched wire or something like that.

I don't know your mechanical abilities, but in my opinion it's a super easy motor to work on. The really great part is that all four brushes are right behind that plate. VERY easy to put back in, compared to most other motors, where you need to have about 16 really tiny little fingers.

As far as you are from service, I (myself) would definitely open it all the way up by removing the motor. There is a couple of braided copper wires that connect the brush set to the stator windings. They are soldered in. Still, it would be pretty hard to break them. I doubt you could damage anything to the point of not having your warranty not honored.

After removing those two bolts the entire motor comes out quite easily. Then you can pull the end cap all the way off and examine it. Do that over a work surface that allows easy retrieval of any of the brush springs that may fall out. Like, don't take apart over a field of grass or weeds.

Obviously, disconnect the power before trying any of this.

Boowho??
Old 09-08-2015, 11:17 AM   #25

Stop the presses!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eqdawg87 View Post
I just took a second look....I think we've been talking about different screws/bolts. I was talking about the BOLTS that hold the whole motor together and also hold it to the pump.

Looking at the picture again, it appears you are talking about two SCREWS holding the little cap onto the end of the motor.

I didn't even put that cover back on when I repaired my motor. But IIRC, those screws go all the way thru the motor end plate and hold the brush set in place.

It's starting to make sense.... When you tighten that one screw, it's pulling the brush assembly a little out of alignment. Maybe just leave the one screw backed out a smidge and make sure the other one is nice and tight??

Maybe even put a tiny bit of locktite on the one you leave slightly loose so it doesn't back itself all the way out??

If you do this and it all works out, you can send me $50 for consulting fees!!

Boowho??
Old 09-08-2015, 11:30 AM   #26

Sometimes the gaskets stick to the slides. When this happen I spray teflon over the rollers and assist with light pressure pushing the slides in. Then i put out and in the slides a couple of times to ensure they don't continue to stick.

Keep in mind most units are built with cheapest materials possible and designed to work when everything is aligned and in good.new condition.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:55 PM   #27

EqDawg87....... Where did you go????

Boowho??

Tags
slide, slide out