Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #1

Front tv question

I Have a 2012 390bh with the tv mounted above the driver and passenger seat. While the coach is driving the tv will not power up. I would imagine it is a saftey device so the driver doesn't watch tv while driving. However since I have children it would be great to get that to work while driving as the other tv in living space is covered by the slide. Does anyone know how to bypass the power cut off while the coach is moving? How do I access and make it work?
Thanks
Ken
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #2

very eazy

just remove the tv and there is a in and out plug between tne tv cord and the coach ac outlet , just plug the tv direct to the ac , and remove that device , that's it !!!
happysoundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysoundman
just remove the tv and there is a in and out plug between tne tv cord and the coach ac outlet , just plug the tv direct to the ac , and remove that device , that's it !!!
Great. I don't want to sound dumb but. To remove the tv. I would assume its the lower bracket with the 3 screws. Is there a top bracket to look for. I don't want to break anything while removing. Thanks for the info.
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #4

There is 4 or 6 screw ,they hold the Wood filler around thé Tv , if you remove those screw , you Will get access to the back wall (those screw are covered by à plastic cap , remove that cap with an x acto knife and you Will see them !!!
happysoundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #5

So far my only complaint about the Berkshire is hiding the primary tv and all components behind the slide. Even if you get the front tv to work on the road, it still poses a problem with changing dvds and sat channels.
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #6

Install a separate DVD player for that tv. You can get a dvd player nowadays for under $40. We did that for our bedroom tv in an adjacent cabinet as there is only so much Elmo and Curious George and Caillou I could listen to on the main tv!
mjracsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
Director, FROG

Keep in mind that in some (most?) states it's illegal to have a TV operating in the driver's field of view while the vehicle is in motion. Fines can be hefty. Backup cameras and GPS are exempt because they don't receive a broadcast signal.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Keep in mind that in some (most?) states it's illegal to have a TV operating in the driver's field of view while the vehicle is in motion. Fines can be hefty. Backup cameras and GPS are exempt because they don't receive a broadcast signal.
Absolutly correct!

In some states it may fall under driving while impared. Not a whole lot different than driving under the influence or drunk.

If you get a, by the book, officer you could get multiple citations. Tampering with a vehicle safety device, Impared operation of a motor vehicle, Child endangerment, if you have kids in the MH, etc!

Not trying to scare you, just look at the benefits vs. the negitives.

By state Laws:

http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/laws/telematics/
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote