Old 03-10-2015, 12:34 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Good luck with Progressive. I have had extensive dealings with them and in my opinion they are the worst company ever. Claims are a major fight. I will never deal with them again and if I'm unlucky enough to be hit by anyone with Progressive the first phone call will be to my attorney. Awful company and employees.
I've heard just the opposite from several individuals. An insurance policy is a legally binding contract.

That is why I deliberately wrote in an agreed upon (in advance) figure for total loss replacement. There is no "wiggle room".

The second thing is that as soon as you think your are being jerked around, just turn the whole thing over to an attorney. Adjusters would FAR sooner deal with you directly than an attorney. They know that a lawyer is far more likely to hold their feet to the fire and can't be bullied.

The adjusters job is to pay out as little as possible on any claim. If he can get you to accept a lesser settlement, he'll do it. My DW having 25+ years as a paralegal doesn't hurt either. You ought to hear/see her negotiate!!!!

boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:05 PM   #12
My point is you will always fight with a company like Progressive. My own experience first hand is they will fight you every step. They will never see a nickel from me.

Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:50 PM   #13
I fully agree with Phil. I hate Progressive. They are the worst insurance company ever from my personnel opinion. We have Allstate and it is amazing how fast and hassle free they are with claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Mmnsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:46 AM   #14
Thank for all the input, I finally went with Good Sam for both the MH and the toad. Picked up the 390BH on Tuesday in Texas and drove it back to Florida arriving yesterday. It was a great trip with a buddy. See ya'll down the road.
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #15

JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote