Old 04-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #1

Furnace outlets

My 2013 390RB has 4 ducts on the front furnace that discharge under the sofa in the kitchen slide. The outlets are not visible from the front of the sofa but rather discharge beneath it. Any other 390RB owners have the same arrangement? Are there any outlets under the cabinets that I'm missing?

Old 04-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

I don't have an answer for you- but, while looking at replacement registers at Home Depot - they have deflectors that you could use send the air out from under the sofa.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #3

in my 390bh, the furnace is ducted through the front panel of the loveseat. there is another exhaust duct in the bedroom on the floor. the two louvered panels on the stove cabinet and the kitchen cabinets are in the furnance intake ducts.

i'll take pics later of the duct work. i'm sure you can run them yourself anywhere within reason.
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #4

here's some pics.. i'm limited to how many i can link in one post.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #5

I have the same layout of ducts. There is also one in the bathroom and one in the hallway. However, they do not put out much flow at all - especially the one in the hallway. The bedroom one on the other hand blasts the hot air like crazy - to the point that if I leave the thermostat on auto, it heats up so quickly that the a/c actually comes on and they fight each other.

Does your hallway/bathroom vents put out much.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapuTech View Post
to the point that if I leave the thermostat on auto, it heats up so quickly that the a/c actually comes on and they fight each other.
I don't understand how the A/C comes on when you use the furnace. Do you have zone 2 set to off? That is the only way the A/C could come on because if your furnace comes on from the zone 1 setting, the A/C would be off.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
I don't understand how the A/C comes on when you use the furnace. Do you have zone 2 set to off? That is the only way the A/C could come on because if your furnace comes on from the zone 1 setting, the A/C would be off.
you can program a low and high temp setting with the dometic thermostat control. if those settings are two close to each other then the system could kick back and forth between heating and cooling...

most people manually control their thermostats. my house has a full auto thermostat and we have it set for both low (when to turn on the heat) and high (when to turn on the cooling) and works very well. i have not yet programmed my dometic unit and not sure if i will since i store my coach with the batteries disconnected (so all programming will be lost)
Old 04-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #8

him,
I guess the new thermostats have different functionality than the one in my coach. I don't believe that I have the high and low temp settings.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #9

I have two furnaces and two a/c units. Zone 2 is the bedroom and has a furnace and a/c unit. With the thermostat on Auto, they fight each other. For example, on a cold night we set the thermostat on Auto at 70F. The furnace comes on and the single furnace vent blows very hard and HOT!. The remote thermocouple is located on the bedroom wall right under the furnace vent. So it heats up very quickly and when it hits 72F, the a/c comes on to cool it off. It then cools it quickly to 68F and the furnace comes on again. When this happens, air is coming out of the a/c and furnace vents simultaneously for a little while as the furnace blower continues to run for a bit after the flame is out and similar on the a/c unit's fan.

For now, we just do not run in Auto. Thought about a vent deflector, but due to the location of the vent, it won't really help. So just no Auto mode for the bedroom. Auto in the main living area works semi okay, aside from running the heat pump until the exterior temp is below 30F (which is crazy, it loses its efficiency below about 40F). We tend not to run that zone in Auto either because of that.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #10

Also, there is no way to set a high and low setting when in Auto unless I have completely missed something. I looked for that specifically. I have the CCC3.

Tags
furnace