Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #1

Fuse for refrigerator

I have a 2 door Dometic in my coach. Stopped for fuel on our way to Disney and shut off the generator and AC's and the fridge went out. Checked the fuses in the outside compartment and the breakers under the bed. All were good. Went outside and saw a black box in the back of the fridge. Opened it and saw that there was a fuse on the board that was blown. Well, great, I think. I am at a Flying J. I'll just go in and get some fuses. Wrong!! They don't have the fuse. Tried a Carquest. No fuse there either. Tried several auto parts stores (Advanced, Auto Zone, Pep Boys, Radio shack). NO ONE Carried the fuse. Several RV dealers didn't have the fuse either. Found one RV repair facility who had an old board laying around and it had the fuse that I needed. I finally had to order the fuse on-line and am having it delivered to me at Disney.
The fuse is an AGX 3. So, if you need this fuse and can find them, I suggest that you pick up a few and keep them on hand. It cost me 3 hours of time running from place to place to try to find this fuse.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #2

I would think Radio Shack.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
B47

Goggled it and Bussmann has them - seems to be a stock item.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #4

These are the kind of heads-up posts I appreciate. I'm not sure I would have ever thought to look for a frig fuse! Anyway, I just bought a 3 pack at Checker and will pack away in the rig's toolbox. Thanks
sold 2008 Berkshire pusher
sold 2010 Mini Cooper Convertible toad
sold 2015 Nissan Frontier toad
JBoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #5

Barry- the Radio Shack we went to didn't have them.
Jboyer- lucky that Checker had them. We couldn't find it anywhere. Good to have on hand.
I ordered some on-line and am having them sent to me at Disney. Just happy that it didn't blow in the meantime,

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #6

My Dometic side-by-side has blown the glass fuse twice. I think my issue was power surges since it's been on shore power both times. Got a sure protector and hasn't re-occurred. Mine takes a 5Amp 125Volt fuse that is about 3/4" long. I picked up a three pack at Home Depot. I taped two spares to the back of my fridge.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, refrigerator