Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2019, 10:45 PM   #1

Fuse Location

Need some help locating a fuse....

Installed a new condenser fan assembly when fan came off shaft of old assembly on my 2008 Berkshire.....

Once installed, fan won’t turn on....

Tech on Freightliner Helpline said he was “relatively” sure the old unit blew a 25amp fuse and suggested multiple locations where it might be located - firewall in gen compartment, inside dash area accessed by removing panel on top of dash, in converter compartment, and in fuse compartment on drivers side...,

Checked all those locations and no fuse...

I’m at a loss... Been searching for the dang thing for weeks.... Hate to have a new $245 fan assembly that I can’t get to work - plus I have no dash AC....

Any ideas?????
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Need some help locating a fuse....

Installed a new condenser fan assembly when fan came off shaft of old assembly on my 2008 Berkshire.....

Once installed, fan won’t turn on....

Tech on Freightliner Helpline said he was “relatively” sure the old unit blew a 25amp fuse and suggested multiple locations where it might be located - firewall in gen compartment, inside dash area accessed by removing panel on top of dash, in converter compartment, and in fuse compartment on drivers side...,

Checked all those locations and no fuse...

I’m at a loss... Been searching for the dang thing for weeks.... Hate to have a new $245 fan assembly that I can’t get to work - plus I have no dash AC....

Any ideas?????
Not sure on the 08 and I was looking up XC chassis. From what I saw there are panels in the Hydraulic basement compartment in rear of coach up high unlabled. The other option sounds like one of his, outside front bay under the drivers seat.

Where did you find panels but no fuse for it?

Best of luck.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:45 PM   #3

Thanks..... I'll check that compartment but not sure why they'd run the condenser fan line 40' to the rear of the coach when fan is underneath the coach under the driver's seat.... I find it amazing the FR hasn't a clue where they run fuse lines.... You'd think they'd have something on file for all their coaches...

Granted, I don't have one of the newer rigs but I still take pride in mine and like to be able to take care of it....
Old 03-14-2019, 12:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Thanks..... I'll check that compartment but not sure why they'd run the condenser fan line 40' to the rear of the coach when fan is underneath the coach under the driver's seat.... I find it amazing the FR hasn't a clue where they run fuse lines.... You'd think they'd have something on file for all their coaches...

Granted, I don't have one of the newer rigs but I still take pride in mine and like to be able to take care of it....
Yea I thought the same thing. That rear panel is likely just for trailer lighting but figured you did not look there yet so I would include it just in case and maybe you see something to look for in another compartment.

If the Dash AC is out it would be Freightliner I would think but who knows.

Freightliner is pretty good about the chassis diagrams with most of them posted including where all the connectors are.

FR just wires each one differently with inline fuses everywhere and no documentation that I can easily find.

Good luck!
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:49 AM   #5

Talked at length with Freightliner.... They deliver the chassis to FR with condenser assembly installed and the two-pronged plug hanging there for FR when they install the AC.... Which means - no one has any idea where this dang fuse is located!!!!!
Old 03-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #6
Dragonship Captain

If it was me at this point I'd run a temporary feed with an in line fuse.....

Then keep looking but without the urgency you have now.......

If you really want to get serious... I've been known to rig a car horn with the plus to a battery, then a car horn and then connect to the, in this case fan end of the wiring, and then a 20 foot wire from the negative with a pointy probe on the other end. Basically a continuity tester on steroids.

Turn EVERYTHING off and start probing until the horn goes off.

You MAY very well have touched it a few times already and it LOOKED ok but it wasn't.

FWIW mine is under the drivers window in one of the "three" blocks.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:59 PM   #7

Here’s what I have:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5261.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	271.7 KB
ID:	198771

Name:	IMG_5262.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	315.1 KB
ID:	198772

Name:	IMG_5263.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	198773

Name:	IMG_5264.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	198774

Name:	IMG_5265.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	198775

Name:	IMG_5266.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	198776

No where do I have a 25amp fuse labeled “AC” “Condenser fan”, etc....

I even opened the fuse box to the left - lots of ignition fuses but no 25 amp fuse.,...
Old 03-14-2019, 07:12 PM   #8
Dragonship Captain

So what's in the Iota panels?

I know you're a different model, but here's where mine is:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 8.11.44 PM.png
Views:	335
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	198782  

Tags