Old 09-09-2016, 04:59 PM   #1

Gauges not working

HELP !!!! Got in my rig to go get it inspected yesterday and none of my gauges are working - tac, speedometer, fuel, battery, temp, oil.... In addition, have an icon on the dash that buzzing... It indicates low air pressure but bot of those gauges show 125psi....

Called Freightliner help line and we went through various thing and nothing worked... Decided to take it to local (45 miles away) Freightliner shop in Beaumont, TX... On the way down all gauges started working and worked for about 20 miles ant the. The buzzing and no gauges again... Got there and of course they couldn't get to in until next week so started back home with buzzing and no gauges... About 15 miles from home everyone started working again.... When I got to inspection shop, buzzing again and no gauges...

Anyone else ever had something like this happen???

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 09-10-2016, 10:04 AM   #2

Yes and it was my "light bar" display... Mine is a 2014 400bh60

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 09-10-2016, 10:07 AM   #3

Aww man I don't want to hear that - the part alone in $781.00...

Old 09-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #4

Keep us posted on what is discovered when you do get it in the shop.

Thanks !!
Northern Ohio
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:38 PM   #5

Work the "known issue" with forest river maybe they'll pay for part of it if you're out of warranty... If it is the light bar

Old 09-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #6

Well here we go - dropped coach off at Beaumont Freightliner this past Tuesday.... They checked and rechecked various things (even tried a new light bar which made no difference) and finally unplugged all gauges and replugged them back in and air pressure warning light went off and all gauges started working.....

Told me I could pick it up this morning so I drove the 54 miles down and paid $730 for labor (my Corner Stone extended Warrenty refused to pay anything because no parts were replaced) and picked up coach... Hooked up my tow and started home... FOUR miles down the road the air pressure warning came back on, buzzing started again and gauges stopped working....

Turned around and headed back to Freightliner.... Two miles away warning light went off, buzzing stopped and all gauges started working again...

I'm convinced that this issue is in some way tied to an air pressure issue which I told Freightliner.... When the warning comes on I lose all gauges; when it shut off, all gauges return.... Sooo - I'm back in the shop $730 lighter than I was earlier this morning and STILL have the issue....

To say I'm a tad ticked off is an understatement - first with this HIGH DOLLAR so-called extended warrenty that spends more time trying to get out of paying a claim than they do honoring it and secondly - with Freightliner for not totally road testing the coach BEFORE I made a 110 mile round trip for nothing....

Old 09-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #7

That sucks in all regards I
learned that lesson on extended warranties years ago that's why I haven't purchased any for the last two RV's.

Wayne
Old 09-21-2016, 12:18 PM   #8

That sucks. Especially that the repairs or non repairs were not covered. Hopefully FL stands up and makes this right. Let us know.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:06 AM   #9

Could this be a bad key switch? Earlier this year there were posts here and on FB discussing strange dash problems that were traced to the key switch on several coaches.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:12 AM   #10

Got a call from Freightliner yesterday and they believe I have a problem with the "speedo".... (What ever the heck that is...). Have one ordered so I guess we will see....