Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2015, 06:28 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMosley33 View Post
Well I have a near new (used less than 5 times) Penguin II 13,500 btu A/C heatpump in the factory box ready to ship and for sale.

Did you list it in the classified adds? That AC will work on almost all RV's

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:04 PM   #22

How much?
Old 11-08-2015, 12:08 AM   #23

$350 plus whatever it costs to ship?
JMosley33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:27 AM   #24

Generator capabilities

Quote:
Well I have a near new (used less than 5 times) Penguin II 13,500 btu A/C heatpump in the factory box ready to ship and for sale.
Will the thermostat run 3 ac's?
Why did you only use it a few times?
Does it have a black cover?
Motodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #25

No idea if the Dometric thermostat will run 3 individual zones but I don't see why a 3rd AC couldn't be added to one of the existing zones as a "slave" and just do whatever the other unit is doing in that zone. Only used it a few times because I ordered the coach with a 15k in the front and a 13.5 in the rear. And then there was some "confusion" I'm told and it showed up with 2 13.5's. After a bunch of back and forth with the dealer (a long story for another thread) I took delivery of the coach with the 15k owed to us. It came in got swapped over and ended well except I have this brand new $1000 unit sitting in the middle of my garage.
And it has a white cover another "communication" error. But you could probably pick up a black cover for less then 50 bucks. Which means you have a new 13.5k heat pump A/C for a third the cost of a new one and I have my garage floor pack
Old 11-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Did you ever install a vent to replace the one you used for your third A/C?
You could always install a range vent through the microwave like I did. Quite easy fan is in microwave only need outside cover and cut hole. 4 hour job.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #27

Find out how much to ship to canton, tx 75103. Thanks
Old 11-09-2015, 12:38 PM   #28

Quote:
I will say after the last few weeks in South Florida in 90 degree plus that two 13.5 AC's are falling short.
Hi Phil,

I to have two 13.5 ACs in the coach. I have added window awnings, front window screen, and lined the AC covers with reflectit (spelling). It was not until this past spring when I went up and painted the top of my AC and vent covers white and painted the shower skylight white that I saw the most dramatic change. While at the FMCA rally and FROG I cooled the unit with just one AC and it even cycled on and off. I really think the white paint has helped the AC units shed off the heat as well as the shower skylight keeping it from coming into the coach. Go up and touch those black covers some day. You will actually burn yourself. After painting you can lay your hand on them. As only tops are painted cannot see it from ground.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:42 PM   #29

Hey Silver, great idea. With a little more research, this may change the design of these units.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:54 PM   #30

Has anyone noticed that on the 13.5 AC unites the front covers (ACs mounted in living room) have more venting holes than the back? I have seen this on several coaches. One would think Dometic would have just one cover style. My next thought is to see If I can mount muffin fans under the covers to assist in pulling the heat out. Still thinking about it.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #31

I haven't noticed more vent holes in the front, but maybe it's because the front one is also a heat pump.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:33 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepill View Post
The running watts of all three would be a bit under 6KW. The problem is the high starting current when they switch on. Really marginal, IMO.

Since you tow with a truck, maybe a nice Honda 3KW inverter genny in the bed of the truck. Just run one of the A/C units off of that. It also serves as a back-up if you Onan is out of service.

If Santa owes you a really swell present this year, you can always ask for the new Honda 7KW fuel injected baby.
Just put some time delay's in and start them 2 mins. apart easy to do get the time delays at Granger.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:04 PM   #33

Silver painting the covers is rage best idea. I think I will do that. My problem is I don't have access to a sprayer. I could use rattle cans or have a body shop do it. They all have left over white. It would be very cheap. I love the fan idea.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Has anyone noticed that on the 13.5 AC unites the front covers (ACs mounted in living room) have more venting holes than the back? I have seen this on several coaches. One would think Dometic would have just one cover style. My next thought is to see If I can mount muffin fans under the covers to assist in pulling the heat out. Still thinking about it.
Dometic changed the style of the covers a few years ago and I think that the older style may have more vent holes than the newer ones.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:28 PM   #35

Quote:
Silver painting the covers is rage best idea. I think I will do that. My problem is I don't have access to a sprayer. I could use rattle cans or have a body shop do it. They all have left over white. It would be very cheap. I love the fan idea.
I used a rattle can I bought three to do the job, blue tape and the morning paper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC Cover white.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	93977  
Old 11-09-2015, 06:32 PM   #36

Quote:
No idea if the Dometric thermostat will run 3 individual zones but I don't see why a 3rd AC couldn't be added to one of the existing zones as a "slave" and just do whatever the other unit is doing in that zone. Only used it a few times because I ordered the coach with a 15k in the front and a 13.5 in the rear. And then there was some "confusion" I'm told and it showed up with 2 13.5's. After a bunch of back and forth with the dealer (a long story for another thread) I took delivery of the coach with the 15k owed to us. It came in got swapped over and ended well except I have this brand new $1000 unit sitting in the middle of my garage.
And it has a white cover another "communication" error. But you could probably pick up a black cover for less then 50 bucks. Which means you have a new 13.5k heat pump A/C for a third the cost of a new one and I have my garage floor pack

Find out how much to ship to canton , tx. 75103
It gets well over 100deg here it's gonna take 3 13500 units
Old 11-09-2015, 06:55 PM   #37

Not sure if they are in your area but I've heard that Fastenal has good pricing on shipping goods.

https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/third...tics-%283pl%29

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:10 PM   #38

It would have to be fed x ups or usps
Old 11-10-2015, 04:06 PM   #39

I just got a automated quote from FEDEX ground of $95. I'm not sure how accurate that is and would bank on it. If your interested I will weigh it and measure it and get a detailed quote from a live person. I just spit balled it at 100lbs. We could also save some money by just shipping the box and not the pallet its on. So think it over and let me know.

Tags
generator