Old 09-05-2015, 10:31 PM   #111

I have a 2012 wildcat with a Girard tankless hot water heater....I have had numerous correspondence's with Girard and Forest River...I will never buy any product with a Girard product again... We live in Canada and have a short "troubleshooting" season, topped off with the fact we are not full timers. You think you have it figured out and then it....sucks...too cold.... Too hot...uses too much water...it will work till we trade up...

Old 09-06-2015, 07:57 AM   #112

I'm and I haven't even picked up my coach yet. No wonder the previous owners traded in this coach with 4k miles on it, they probably couldn't take a nice relaxing warm shower. Lord please give me the patience to put up with these issues. Least I can benefit from all you've been through.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:02 AM   #113

Yours could be equipped with the Atwood. It a little better.

Russell
Old 09-06-2015, 08:18 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Yours could be equipped with the Atwood. It a little better.

Russell

Doubtful, it's a 2014 RB.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:25 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
We have a Girard gen II in our coach as well. I know we don't have a Berk (we're Berks cousin) I also spoke with the Girard rep here at Goshen, by the way, ours works fine. If you turn it up too high it will shut down the hot to prevent scalding. We don't use The cold line when showering.

The rep told us "find your ideal temp by adjusting the knob, purge all your lines.....here's the kicker.....including your outside shower" Ideally you also want/need at least, very least, 45 psi. You don't have to purge your outside every time.....Just insure it has no air in the line. Hope that helps.

Joe, when I first got my coach in March I was befuddled by the water heater fluctuating between very, very hot to cold and back. I was told the exact same thing CSM has quoted above. I would add that turning the hot water on in the bathroom sink and adjusting the temp with the heat knob in the cabinet to an acceptable level is also part of the equation. Keep in mind, the water temperature coming into the coach has a lot to do with the temp of the hot water. I adjust the heater temp with the knob frequently. We haven't had an issue since then and we are full timers. Good Luck.

Paul
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-06-2015, 09:37 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5456Mich View Post
I'm and I haven't even picked up my coach yet. No wonder the previous owners traded in this coach with 4k miles on it, they probably couldn't take a nice relaxing warm shower. Lord please give me the patience to put up with these issues. Least I can benefit from all you've been through.

I have had my Gen ll for a couple of years and we full time. I always have a very nice hot shower. We have had a few issues but they were easy to fix and service from Girard had been very good. Don't worry about all this stuff.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:05 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5456Mich View Post

Joe, relax bro. I have the Gerad Gen II and I don't have the problems mentioned in this thread.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #118
7 Year Class A RV'er

We got ours in April and had problems until I got Girard involved and they "schooled" the tech in how to troubleshoot it. Seems to be working great now. Seven week trip coming up at the end of the month will hopefully verify that. Girard tech was really good to work with and very helpful. If nothing else, a standard tank type will fit to replace but you'll have to have the door painted to match your RV.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:03 AM   #119

Sounds like someone is having a lttle buyers remorse/jitters. I speak from experience here. Know that you will have some problems/issues. Nature of the beast, but the good much outweighs the bad. None of the issues is insurmountable...sometimes just annoying. I did a lot of fretting with mine, but now just look at it like doing maintenance on my house. When I first got mine, a lot of people said that it would take about a year to get everything straightened out and it did. Don't sweat the small details, you can handle most of them yourselves and have a great support system on this forum. Since your coach was previously owned, most issues have probably been addressed. You took the plunge, now enjoy the ride!
Old 09-06-2015, 11:24 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Sounds like someone is having a lttle buyers remorse/jitters. I speak from experience here. Know that you will have some problems/issues. Nature of the beast, but the good much outweighs the bad. None of the issues is insurmountable...sometimes just annoying. I did a lot of fretting with mine, but now just look at it like doing maintenance on my house. When I first got mine, a lot of people said that it would take about a year to get everything straightened out and it did. Don't sweat the small details, you can handle most of them yourselves and have a great support system on this forum. Since your coach was previously owned, most issues have probably been addressed. You took the plunge, now enjoy the ride!

Where is that darn "like button ".

Tags
berkshire, heater, water, water heater