Old 07-09-2015, 09:24 PM   #51

We don't use it much but when we do we need to turn the temp way down.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:28 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Just a question--- if 1/2 hose is not big enough how can the pump from the on board water be big enough ?
I very seldom use the city connection. Just use my on board water. Maybe that part of my problem?

Russell
I know the Pex pipe in our Shockwave is not 5/8 or 1/2 inch.
When dry camping on the desert, there is only water pressure from the onboard pump.
I have noticed that when hooked up to the campsite hose bib the Girard does work somewhat better. By the way. That was after I removed the pressure relief valve I first was using.
My big thing now, is to get the dealer to install a pump that is correct for the Girard. After all, we buy them, not design or engineer them.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:31 PM   #53

Ok. Well I can tell u I'll get mine figured out. Mine been ok (just ok) since I bought it. Last July-- I really don't have any complaints till just now when it has gone silly. But I'll fix it. May end up with a tank heater. Never know. I let Girard play around for a bit because it under Warantee. Hopefully their parts help it ??

Russell
Old 07-09-2015, 09:37 PM   #54

Quote:
Ok. Well I can tell u I'll get mine figured out. Mine been ok (just ok) since I bought it. Last July-- I really don't have any complaints till just now when it has gone silly. But I'll fix it. May end up with a tank heater. Never know. I let Girard play around for a bit because it under Warantee. Hopefully their parts help it ??

Russell
Hope you get it done. When you do please keep us posted on your results on what you did. I'm like you, maybe we get a tank put in.
Good luck mate, Barrie.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:41 PM   #55

I'm going to Elkhart Monday-- Everything RV there. I'll shop around at the RV remodelers. I ll see what they say.

Russell
Old 07-09-2015, 11:57 PM   #56

Quote:
I'm going to Elkhart Monday-- Everything RV there. I'll shop around at the RV remodelers. I ll see what they say.

Russell
Hey Russell. If they give a quote to remove the tankless and install a tank, please let us know. I, for one are interested.

Barrie
Old 07-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #57

Gerard water heater in 2015 Berkshire XL

I'll do some bird doggin and report back on this thread. I've got to get some warrantee on my Frig. See how long that take. We have some contacts in that area.

Russell
Old 07-10-2015, 09:25 AM   #58
7 Year Class A RV'er

lefaivre: Thanks for the info on the pressure device, but I think a lot of folks (me included) have a different issue. Flow and pressure is not an issue with my unit, it just flat does not work due to some other problems. The flow sensor tells the burner to turn on or off. The flow sensors in the heaters seem to be very prone to sticking in one spot or another, thus the magnetic sensor on them doesn't send the correct information to the rest of the system. On mine, if you turn on the power switch with no flow, the burner ignites - not correct function. It should not light until flow is sensed. What happens then is it overheats the water in the coil and the emergency cut off pops, shutting down the unit. If I turn it on, then turn on the hot water before the ECO kicks out, all is fine. I'll have not water right up until I shut the faucet off, at which time the unit overheats the water in the coil and kicks the ECO again. Trouble is, the on/off switch to reset it is in the WH cabinet outside - not conducive to a quick flip of the switch!

Phil57: The 1/2" hose should be fine - more than fine, in fact. Check out the link below to a flow table. It shows PVC, which is slightly different than a hose, but close enough to use. Gravity flow (with no pressure at all) through 1/2" PVC is 7 GPM. Put it under pressure of 20-100 psi and it jumps to 14 gpm. The white hoses are more than adequate for the required flow.

#1 FlexPVC®.com PVC presents GPM/GPH Flow based on PVC Pipe Size, ie, How much water can flow through Sch 40 Pvc Pipe Size 1/2" 3/4" 1" 1.5" 2" 2.5" 3" 4" 6"

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:55 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
lefaivre: Thanks for the info on the pressure device, but I think a lot of folks (me included) have a different issue. Flow and pressure is not an issue with my unit, it just flat does not work due to some other problems. The flow sensor tells the burner to turn on or off. The flow sensors in the heaters seem to be very prone to sticking in one spot or another, thus the magnetic sensor on them doesn't send the correct information to the rest of the system. On mine, if you turn on the power switch with no flow, the burner ignites - not correct function. It should not light until flow is sensed. What happens then is it overheats the water in the coil and the emergency cut off pops, shutting down the unit. If I turn it on, then turn on the hot water before the ECO kicks out, all is fine. I'll have not water right up until I shut the faucet off, at which time the unit overheats the water in the coil and kicks the ECO again. Trouble is, the on/off switch to reset it is in the WH cabinet outside - not conducive to a quick flip of the switch!

Phil57: The 1/2" hose should be fine - more than fine, in fact. Check out the link below to a flow table. It shows PVC, which is slightly different than a hose, but close enough to use. Gravity flow (with no pressure at all) through 1/2" PVC is 7 GPM. Put it under pressure of 20-100 psi and it jumps to 14 gpm. The white hoses are more than adequate for the required flow.

#1 FlexPVC®.com PVC presents GPM/GPH Flow based on PVC Pipe Size, ie, How much water can flow through Sch 40 Pvc Pipe Size 1/2" 3/4" 1" 1.5" 2" 2.5" 3" 4" 6"

Good to know. Maybe I'm just lucky as mine works great.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:00 AM   #60
7 Year Class A RV'er

Good to know some of them are functioning correctly. Gives me hopes mine will, too, once they get it fixed correctly. They're replacing the flow valve and the ECO right now as the tech says he's had much better luck if he replaces both at the same time. Theory is sound and the mechanical side seems reasonable, just need to have all the parts working.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire, heater, water, water heater