Old 07-24-2016, 07:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
So you didn't answer any questions that were asked but did manage to get a bunch of people complaining. If you would like help people on the forum will help in any way possible. Give some info. I can give you phone numbers and email address to contact. You will get help from folks here and from FR diesel. FRD is the best. They make things happen and will get you squired away. All you are getting now is the same people complaining about God knows what.

Phil tells it like it is. I for one have never seen a post by you until today. There is help out there if you want it. If you just want to complain, so be it.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:45 PM   #12

A wise old veteran of many Motorhomes asked if I have had any problems with my Motorhome and when I said no he said " you will. Just roll with it". He was right and yes I had issues but I did roll with it and with the help from FR Diesel Div and Randy Houser in particular it has been a joy.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:17 PM   #13

Randy and company are the best in the industry there are great people that Berkshires and are willing to help each other. Do a google search to find other owners some sites are more helpful without having to filter the chaff.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:51 PM   #14
mdr

I hope you have better luck with FR than I had. Randy was responsive but told me they only have time for coaches that are still under warranty...
Old 07-24-2016, 10:21 PM   #15

Ok phil57
You are very quick to jump on this. Just to let you know I had to go to work. What it looks like is there are a hole bunch of people that are pist off, this may be because nobody is taking care of the problems.
Please tell me what questions you have?
I will let you know it is a 2016 Berkshire XL 40RB I have been speaking with Mike there at the factory, the biggest problem is they have two dealers in S. California and they both are very bad.

Forest River Forums
Old 07-25-2016, 06:59 AM   #16

I asked two questions. First, what problems are you having with the water heater? What brand is it? I assume it the Atwood. Several things we can try to get it working but we need more info.
Second the transfer switch. It's very unusual to have issues with that. What is it not doing? What have you tried? Transfer switches are readily available and easy to change. This should not be a reason to keep your rig for months.
Lots of first year issues with RV's. This is common but not a reason to be pissed off. Let's get this sorted out and get you back to having fun.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:05 AM   #17
Site Team

The site has done a cleanup in this thread, and removed several posts that were extremely off-topic to the members problem. Let's try to keep this thread on topic, and see if we can help this member get his water heater and transfer switch fixed, so he can enjoy his RV.

Thanks, Your FRF Site Team

I've invented a new word. "Plagiarism"
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGator View Post
I would try to go to the Goshen Rally, if you can. I have heard wonderful stories of Forest River fixing and replacing things that are wrong with rigs. It is probably too late to find a camping spot, but you could try.
Sorry - it's sold out for this year.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:03 AM   #19

Hi,

Relatively new here -- asking this for myself and others who may want to take advantage of this unusual support oportunity.

What's the timing and strategy to get a slot for next year's Rally?

Thanks.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:33 AM   #20

Off the top of my head I don't remember the brand of water heater, but I do no it is not a Atwater. What is is doing is not making hot water. The fan will start then it shuts off.
The transfer switch according to Forest River will go out from time to time. Mine is not transferring to shore power.

Forest River Forums

Tags
forest river