Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2016, 10:46 AM   #21

DV,
When you look at the water heater from the outside, can you see a triangular piece in the exhaust vent? If so, make sure that it freely moves back and forth. There is also a reset button toward the back of the heater if it is a Girard. Not sure where but maybe someone here can give you the exact location. Also, I would give the transfer switch a rap when you are plugged into a 50 amp outlet to see if it will free up and make the connection.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #22

The last comment about not getting pist off.
I am related the purchase of this coach to the purchase of a house. This coach coast more then my house when I bought it. The problems I had with my house where fixed right away, not halfway done and tell me that it is done ready for use.
Or if you would like to compare this to a car that coast less then what I used for my down payment. If a dealer and manufacturer gave the Poor service that it is obvious the RV world gives. It would be all over the evening News and the dealer would be out of business or hurting for business until they proved they have customer service.
I did spend almost $200,000 on this coach and would like to know if the manufacturing company releases that . We had a Country Coach that was burned in a fire. We had NO issues like I'm having know with it.
So please explain why I should not be getting pist off.

Forest River Forums
D_V_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:55 AM   #23

Thanks TMM
I had found the reset button and and that has done nothing. It is acting like it is not getting fuel.
The transfer switch I have hit it many times when I had it plugged it. It got fried at one of the shops the coach was in.
Thank you I do appreciate the help

Forest River Forums
Old 07-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #24

DV,
What is the year and model of your coach? Do you have propane in your tank and is it turned on?

Old 07-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #25
Berkshire 390QS

DV,
1. Your water heater can be serviced at any authorized dealer for the brand of heater.
2. As to the transfer switch, sould like you need to replace it.

When we needed a transfer switch replaced, FR made arragements for the local CW to replace it, took about a week for them to send to CW and took CW about a hour to replace.

Randy and Mitch at FR diesel division have for the most part been very helpful in working out the issues. Sounds like your local FR dealers have not been very helpful or timely in getting thing fixed for you.

Best of luck and happy travels
Skip
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:03 PM   #26

I just fixed the hot water myself. Not sure how. I took it out and put it back and know it's working.

Forest River Forums
Old 07-25-2016, 12:12 PM   #27
Berkshire 390QS

DV, good news. Now on to the transfer switch. If you can take out the Hot Water heater, I'm sure you can handle the transfer switch. Might want to call Randy or Mitch and see if they will send you one.

Skip
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO3putt View Post
DV, good news. Now on to the transfer switch. If you can take out the Hot Water heater, I'm sure you can handle the transfer switch. Might want to call Randy or Mitch and see if they will send you one.

Skip
X2!!

Sounds like you had a loose connection somewhere and it was corrected when you put the water heater back in.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:34 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_V_rob View Post
I just fixed the hot water myself. Not sure how. I took it out and put it back and know it's working.

Forest River Forums

The sail switch is one to always watch. Also if you had yours in storage with the propane off it takes a bit to bleed the air out of the line. I always use the stove a few minutes to get as much air out of the line as possible when pick it up from storage. Just FYI. Glad you got it working.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:55 PM   #30

Bunci
Just so that you know also. I have to work. I can not get to the forum will I am at work, this is why I took several hours before I was able to respond to any of the threads.
This was not set up to fix my coach this was set up to show how poor the customer service has gotten at Forest River.
It has done that. Know it is time for Forest River to step up and start taking responsibility for the problems that there customers are having.
If you would like to reply to this just type Yes or No this will let everyone know how you feel.

Forest River Forums
Old 07-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #31

Diesel Division support for their owners is second to none. Randy Houser, Mitch Wirt in warranty as well as Andy Thompson in parts and Mike Bukowski in customer service are probably the most stand-up guys you'll come across, period.
Bunci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:30 PM   #32

I second diesel division , always good to me
An now I think it's time to put this one to bed
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydriven View Post
I second diesel division , always good to me
An now I think it's time to put this one to bed

I'll second that!
Bunci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:30 PM   #34

So you want the thread shut down because the OP did not have the same great experience you had? I feel he has every right to broadcast his experience the same as you do.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:44 PM   #35

Getting Help from Forest River

I'm curious about the issues that caused the 6 months of repair time.

Did the dealer actually do anything? What were their excuses? Did OP contact FR then?

If that hadn't happened the two remaining issues probably wouldn't have seemed so bad.

Diesel Division has been excellent in my dealings.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:58 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
I feel he has every right to broadcast his experience the same as you do.

Absolutely right, but by virtue of the audience, every tale we post gets scrutinized by reader who usually provide both insight and analysis.

Maybe OP is more patient than me but less patient than you. Maybe a nag factor would have reduced 6 months to one, maybe not.

We all play a role in our own success and failure, although we really like to tell our story and have everyone agree with us.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:08 PM   #37

I had problems with our Sunseeker, so I contacted Forest River customer support, They went out of their way to get my issues resolved, They even managed to get an Authorized service center closer to my home to take care of the warranty issues.

If you are having problems dealing with Forest River support, it may be due to your lack of providing adequate information....

an "I DON'T KNOW" answer doesn't help at all when answering a customer service person, THEY ARE NOT MIND READERS, although it appears as though you expect them to be.
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:21 PM   #38

Don't no here you got "l Don't Know " from. Put I will tell you that I have been in very close contact with Forest River and they have also been in very close contact with the selling dealer. They agreed that the selling dealer could not do the job that's why it was pulled from them after they had been trying to work on it for 6 months. It then went to a authorizes work shop. They did very poor work and then it had to go to Fright liner to fix thing that showed up will it was at there shop. And the work is still not finished.

These are all things that Forest River has known from month 3 of my purchase of this 2016 brand new coach. So please tell me how I'm feeling.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:36 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
So you want the thread shut down because the OP did not have the same great experience you had? I feel he has every right to broadcast his experience the same as you do.
The problem with your assessment is we all had his / her experience. We just reacted differently and approached the solution in a different way. For me, I sought out solutions from others and followed the advise they gave after giving them the who, what, and when of my situation. Like others have said to the OP and to me, I contacted Forest River warranty dept directly and then instead of going off on them I politely and calmly told them the Who, What and When of my problem. The best solution required that I come to the factory, which I did. We have motorhomes and they are meant to go on road trips.

The bottom line: RV dealers in 2012 were and maybe still are notorious for being extremely slow and for overcharging and over correcting just to drive up the cost to the manufacturer. My dealer was one of the ones who billed for things they never corrected. Probably why they are no longer dealers for Berkshire motorhomes.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:46 PM   #40

I do like all the dead back put I don't know how or what a OP is that everyone keeps saying. If everyone would read the original part of this they would see what this is really about.

Thanks

Tags
forest river