Old 06-26-2016, 10:38 AM   #11

On demand electric water heater

On demand WH not working this trip. On 50 amp service. Have 2016 Berkshire 34 SQ.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:40 AM   #12

I doubt it but worth check. I'm surprised that moving the sail switch didn't get it working. That seems to be the most likely part to fail. I used to carry a extra one with me. If the water is circulating through heater it's a failure to ignite issue. I'm sure you checked the LP supply. You checked the sail switch. Try tapping the sensors to see if one is stuck. Unlikely as you have water circulating through the heater. I'm sorry we haven't come up wit a fix. On Monday give tech support a call. The are a California company so you will have to wait till later in the morning depending on where you are. I forget the guy's name but he will have you jump some of those switches to see what is broken. They are really good at figuring it out on the phone.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:46 AM   #13

Thanks - we're at Disney World. Once get back to the coach I will try bypassing the switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-26-2016, 10:49 AM   #14

Girard Gen 2 Won't fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhornback View Post
On demand WH not working this trip. On 50 amp service. Have 2016 Berkshire 34 SQ.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

I'm Assuming that you have a Atwood water heater. There is a reset button on the WH top and left. It's a black post sticking out 1/4 " with a red dot. Push that. Also check LP. Also check the black tube that sticks out of the cover. It pulls off. Blow through it it make sure no mud daubers have nested. Also stick a small nail in the bottom of the pressure switch. That's what the black tube attaches to. If you still don't have water turn on the hot water and jump the pressure switch by pulling off the two wires and touching them together. Don't worry it will not spark. If it fires you have a bad pressure switch. Try those things and let use know.

Also you only have LP for that heater. No electric on the Atwood on demand.
Old 06-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #15

Arrived back at the coach this afternoon. Searched thru the toolbox and could not find any wire.

The trash lady at Disney World was driving by and just happened to have an old water heater in the back of her cart. Cut off some wire and the first switch I jumped caused the unit to fire right up!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1466970714.228097.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	112278

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-26-2016, 04:12 PM   #16

Excellent. Now just order the part.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #17

Making some progress. The black tube had "stuff" in it. Took that off and cleaned it. Did not have small nail so that was the extent of cleaning. Does the black tube connect to the pressure switch. Do not have may manual. To jump it do I take off the wires attached to the round pressure switch and touch them together ?

It is an Atwood unit.

Maybe I am almost there but touching the wires together causes me to double check.

Thanks again.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:07 PM   #18

Yes touch the wires together. If it fires that's your problem. If you had junk it that tube find something that will fit in the hole where the black tube and clean it out. When the MD made his best in the tube he sealed the little nipple with mud. I had to clean that out as well.
I now point the tube inside the compartment and taped over the hole from the inside.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:10 PM   #19

Sorry I didn't answer your question. Yes the black tube connects to the pressure switch. It doesn't take much blockage to make the water heater start acting weird. When it almost blocked the switch will not work. I have even had rain water stop the heater from working.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:15 PM   #20

Hope this helps.
http://www.atwoodmobile.com/manuals/...2-07-09-13.pdf