Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2015, 12:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco100 View Post
Hartford through AARP was half price of all I checked $652 yr
We purchased AARP-Hartford RV replacement insurance on our 2002 Class A 40 Beaver coach. All was fine until 2007 when we lost the coach to an engine fire.

We contacted our agent (located at a local Camping World). He processed the claim until home office determined we didn't have replacement coverage.

Policy said:
1. If loss occurred within 5 years of manufacture coach to be replaced with a NEW comparable middle.
2. If beyond the 5 year limit owner will be reimbursed the purchase price.

After reversal more paragraphs defining limited it said: Or at our discretion we will use current market value.

Bottom line our agent misrepresented the details of our coverage to make a sale beating out current vendors coverage price.

We ended up $50,000 short to just payoff our financed loan, let alone replace our RV.

I'll leave you with this warning: Buyer beware.
tstillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:30 AM   #22

Not saying that my insurance is the best; just like to add useful information for all.

My insurance required the motorhome's MSRP, not the selling price. So for $259,000, my insurance with National Interstate is $1,600 per year.

One nice thing about NI is that the deductible responsibility is reduced 25% per year for no claims. My deductible is now $0.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:41 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
Not saying that my insurance is the best; just like to add useful information for all.

My insurance required the motorhome's MSRP, not the selling price. So for $259,000, my insurance with National Interstate is $1,600 per year.

One nice thing about NI is that the deductible responsibility is reduced 25% per year for no claims. My deductible is now $0.

What will they do if you had a total loss ? Replace with a brand new coach, or pay you the Nada value of coach at time of loss ? Just curious.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:18 AM   #24

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Insurance companies can be confusing. National Interstate vs. National General, etc. I have been with and just renewed with National General for several years and they are the insurer for National General. First rig was insured by National Interstate.

Comparing coverage can also be confusing. I searched on line with all of the above mentioned companies and a few more. Be sure that when getting quotes that the deductibles and coverage are the same. Geico wouldn't give me a quote unless I moved my car insurance to them. Would have saved over $100/year but splitting my vehicle from home insurance would have raised my house insurance. One must look at the overall packages AND each state has different rates.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #25

On my previous MH I had Progressive paying $2414/year. With my Berk same coverage with Allied/Nationwide paying $1080/year.

Wayne
Old 09-04-2015, 08:25 AM   #26

I have Allied/Nationwide for all insurance (house, 2 vehicles, TT & umbrella). I do check yearly with the others mentioned and while the rates are competitive with current insurer, not enough of a saving to warrant a change for me. When I insured my TT they required a copy of the sales agreement.
bailer6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:33 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailer6334 View Post
I have Allied/Nationwide for all insurance (house, 2 vehicles, TT & umbrella). I do check yearly with the others mentioned and while the rates are competitive with current insurer, not enough of a saving to warrant a change for me. When I insured my TT they required a copy of the sales agreement.

I think that is common because of the replacement coverage.

Wayne
Old 09-04-2015, 08:48 AM   #28

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdad View Post
Insurance companies can be confusing. National Interstate vs. National General, etc. I have been with and just renewed with National General for several years and they are the insurer for National General. First rig was insured by National Interstate.

Comparing coverage can also be confusing. I searched on line with all of the above mentioned companies and a few more. Be sure that when getting quotes that the deductibles and coverage are the same. Geico wouldn't give me a quote unless I moved my car insurance to them. Would have saved over $100/year but splitting my vehicle from home insurance would have raised my house insurance. One must look at the overall packages AND each state has different rates.
(This should have read National Interstate is the insurer for Good Sam ).

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good sam, insurance