Old 06-19-2015, 01:46 PM   #21
Roadside plan

We have Allstate RV plan and it covers any vehicle I or my wife are in. They will also tow my trailer to the nearest campground if I have a tow vehicle issue...

Dubeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #22
Discount Tire offers a road hazard warranty with lifetime rotation and balance on your existing tires. The price depends on the size and brand of tires. I have Michelin LT225/75Rx16E the cost for all six tires was $200.

edcronin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #23
Roadside Service

We have only used Coach Net so we have no experience with Good Sam road service. That is probably because Coach Net is what was recommended to us when we bought our first travel trailer in 2011. So far we have had very good experiences with them. I believe however what a previous poster said that the service people who actually come out are probably the same whoever the roadside service is through. With Coach Net we have also found them to be very helpful on issues other than tire problems.
kjpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:04 PM   #24
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Why were you billed $750? did GS reimburse you?
As the original OP stated, Good Sam roadside assistance will just hook you up with the tire service. The tire service supplies the tire and the installation. If you have a spare they will change the tire for you. If you need a new tire, you will have to pay for it.
poppoplou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:48 PM   #25
2011 Berkshire 390BH
Good Sam Roadside assistance

I have Coach Net. No experience with Good Sam. A couple of years ago I was leaving to attend the FROG Rally in Goshen and I found my inside dual was flat. It was after normal work hours and I called Coach Net for assistance. They found a truck repair service that could fix the tire, but the guy want $225 for the service call, and was trying to persuade me that I should wait until the next day. Coach Net was on the phone listening in, and said he is not paying for it, we Coach Net are! The Service guy came right out and patched the tire. No cost to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #26
I had occasion to use them one time. Coming east for the summer my alternator went out in MS. I called them and the lady checked the closest Ford dealer, called them about alternator in stock. It was. Asked if I could stay overnite there in my trailer. I could. My truck and trailer were towed to the dealer.The ford folks fixed it the next morning and off I went. Five stars!
MajGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:50 PM   #27
Originally Posted by Paulie Boy View Post
$1026.00 and 3-1/2 hours later Good Sam got me a new tire after picking up a metal rod in our street side outside dually. Thank heavens for the TST 507 tpms alarm for a rapid depressurization. If it hadn't gone off we probably would have had blown out the inside dually.
So Paul as the OP, we are all waiting to hear what the $1,026 was for and what did Good Sams cover?
Gale & Hank- 2012 Berkshire 390BH
I-RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:56 PM   #28
I've had Coach-Net since 2008 when it came free for a year with my Shamrock and discovered campers don't come with jacks. Covered the RV, my truck and my car. I've stayed with them and current cost is $85.

Used them once for a blow-out on my passenger car. First service they sent (in a car) couldn't free one of the lugs so I called Coach-Net and was told they would arrange a tow truck, but would take 45 minutes. A county sheriff's deputy was on the scene helping with traffic and said he could get a truck there in less than 10 minutes (we had an infant grandson with us). Coach-Net said I'd have to pay out of pocket for the out of network tow, but would e-mail me a form to request reimbursement. Bottom line is Coach-Net did reimburse me with out a hassle. Also had a nice chat with the deputy who was an avid camper.
2015 Shamrock 231KSS, Oyster shell
2016 Chev Silverado LT Z71 Ext. Cab, 4x4, 5.3L V/8
Reese Straight Line WDH, 2000W Honda Gen.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
55 nights camping in 2015, 45 in 2016
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:29 PM   #29
I used them for a jump start and needed two tires for my tow vehicle...They found them for me and I was able to get to Tire Kingdom and have them mounted....No Charge for GS just paid for tires...Sounds like the tire Company overcharged as the service call should be no charge...I would take this up with GS..

gtony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:42 PM   #30
I have had Good Same Roadside for two years and have used them three times. In all cases the Good Sam dispatcher was on top of my needs and the companies they used to actually perform the service were first class.

BobFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote

good sam

« DEF | Maiden Trip »