Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2015, 07:12 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
gasman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Mi
Posts: 1,201
Goshen and personal coach improvements

Getting closer to the FROG Rally in Goshen. This is my first time there and I am excited to meet fellow owners and forum members that I have listened to or spoken with over the last couple of years. I was wondering if anyone is interested in listing the add ons or improvements to their coaches so we all can share some our experiences and support with them. I have added a TruCenter steering control, changed the driver/passenger audio system, TPS system, Hughes Autoformer and a few other things. I know that I would love to see some of the other improvements that others have made. What do you think?




Rich
__________________

__________________
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:25 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Campin Cajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cut Off, La.
Posts: 1,830
We had planned on going to the rally this year but my work schedule changed and we had to cancel our plans. I would have loved meeting all you guys and gals also. Maybe next year my schedule will permit us to go.

Y'all have fun.
__________________

__________________
2013 Berkshire 390BH
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #3
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
... I was wondering if anyone is interested in listing the add ons or improvements to their coaches so we all can share some our experiences and support with them... Rich
Be a pretty short list for me.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Our add on's
Magna Shade windshield and tire covers.
New Captain and passengers seats. Removed couch and replaced with two recliners.
Removed booth type table and put in combo desk dining table.
Put roll out shelves in large cabinet next to sink
Put on aluminum alloy wheels in place of steel and hubcaps.
Tire and front airbag upgrade.
Added a sound bar.
Tempur-pedic mattress
Awning on three windows.
Sun shades on slide windows.
Vent fan covers.
Added wire shelves to pantry.
New carpet on living room slide.
Replaced fabric window covers with wooden ones that match the cabinets.
Gen two water heater from the gen one.
Replaced all lights except basement with LEDs
Added a smoke alarm. Replaced Fire extinguisher with a larger and better one.
__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:18 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
EJM4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mechanicsburg - PA
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Our add on's
Magna Shade windshield and tire covers.
New Captain and passengers seats. Removed couch and replaced with two recliners.
Removed booth type table and put in combo desk dining table.
Put roll out shelves in large cabinet next to sink
Put on aluminum alloy wheels in place of steel and hubcaps.
Tire and front airbag upgrade.
Added a sound bar.
Tempur-pedic mattress
Awning on three windows.
Sun shades on slide windows.
Vent fan covers.
Added wire shelves to pantry.
New carpet on living room slide.
Replaced fabric window covers with wooden ones that match the cabinets.
Gen two water heater from the gen one.
Replaced all lights except basement with LEDs
Added a smoke alarm. Replaced Fire extinguisher with a larger and better one.

How do you like the new captains chairs? This was something I have thought about changing out.
__________________
Earl
2013 Berkshire 390BH / 360hp
EJM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:27 PM   #6
Site Team
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Be a pretty short list for me.
Umm yeah, If you are talking about the list of what you haven't done a mod to, then it's a small list. On the other hand, ours is pretty much stock and restocked by the factory.
__________________
<a href=http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg target=_blank>http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg</a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:30 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJM4 View Post
How do you like the new captains chairs? This was something I have thought about changing out.

They are just outstanding. Very comfortable. We got them at Brad And Hall in Elkhart. They have ten or so chairs to try out and when I say in these it was all over.
__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:19 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 741
JMJ Phil, you retrofitted the entire coach. Are there any OEM parts left? ;-)
__________________
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:58 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Not many but a few. We went full time so some things had to change.
__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:00 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Home is where I park it
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Our add on's

Added wire shelves to pantry.
Phil, can those be gotten directly from FR??

Boowho??
__________________

__________________
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.