Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2014, 07:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
Kenny,

What make / model is your factory unit? What did you not like about it?

Thank you,
Alex
Alex:

I will look in the MH Saturday and let you know. I only drove the MH home from the dealer after purchase in October and haven't gotten to all the details yet. The graphics are terrible and it seems very slow. Again, on Saturday, I will review the make and all the details of what I didn't like about it and post them here.

Ken
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Alex:

I will look in the MH Saturday and let you know. I only drove the MH home from the dealer after purchase in October and haven't gotten to all the details yet. The graphics are terrible and it seems very slow. Again, on Saturday, I will review the make and all the details of what I didn't like about it and post them here.

Ken
Thank you, looking forward to reading it.

I really don't want to add another piece of equipment and my wife's iPhone and especially my Nokia do great for job for carrying around.
AlexG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:15 PM   #23

franktp,

How did you hook up you Kenwood? Does it display side cameras feed when you use turn signals? I only see 1 rear camera input in the description.

Thanks,
Alex
AlexG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankatp View Post
We replaced our in dash unit with a Kenwood DNX 890HD.

What year is your Berk? I might get one of these if it will fit the current opening in my 2011.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #25

I have a 2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA gasser. I have been thinking about a 2015 Berkshire and reading this forum. One nice thing on the Tiffin is the Kenwood Excelon DNX570Tstereo/nav unit. It is for trucks and RVs and you set dimensions and weight in th nav. It has worked well so far. Not cheap but I have had no issues in 11,000 miles. I have a separate camera screen but the Kenwood can be set up to display them. The only issue I have had is that there is no way that I can find to dim the screen at night. It bothered me at first but I have gotten used to it and don't notice anymore. Here is a link:

Kenwood DNX570TR Navigation receiver for truckers at Crutchfield.com

Rod R
rreichar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreichar View Post
I have a 2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA gasser. I have been thinking about a 2015 Berkshire and reading this forum. One nice thing on the Tiffin is the Kenwood Excelon DNX570Tstereo/nav unit. It is for trucks and RVs and you set dimensions and weight in th nav. It has worked well so far. Not cheap but I have had no issues in 11,000 miles. I have a separate camera screen but the Kenwood can be set up to display them. The only issue I have had is that there is no way that I can find to dim the screen at night. It bothered me at first but I have gotten used to it and don't notice anymore. Here is a link:

Kenwood DNX570TR Navigation receiver for truckers at Crutchfield.com

Rod R
For less than half of that, you can get the Rand McNally gps that inputs the same info. Made for RVs.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
For less than half of that, you can get the Rand McNally gps that inputs the same info. Made for RVs.
I can't say I disagree. The OP wanted an in dash NAV unit. I think for the price I would add the Rand McNally portable rather than the Kenwood. But if you want an everything in one box/screen package the Kenwood would do it. I have Ben happy with it but had my coach come with something else I would probably just add a portable.
rreichar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:33 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreichar View Post
I can't say I disagree. The OP wanted an in dash NAV unit. I think for the price I would add the Rand McNally portable rather than the Kenwood. But if you want an everything in one box/screen package the Kenwood would do it. I have Ben happy with it but had my coach come with something else I would probably just add a portable.
Makes sense to me.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:59 PM   #29

GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
I have the Magellan Roadmate -RV/Truckers version... It's a great unit. I can enter the height, width and weight of my rig and it keeps me off roads that might cause me problems i.e. low bridges, narrow streets, etc. cost $350 but well worth it.... Used it on a 4K mile trip this past Summer and it worked like a champ ... It also has campground and fuel features as well...
We just looked at the Berkshire 34QS today at the Tampa RV show. We were told it had a GPS. We currently have a Ford F-150 Ecoboost that has the best GPS possible. It's clear, current and so easy to read. Rarely took us on a wild goose chase. But I do use WAZE on my iPhone as a back up.
This model you mentioned sounds good. How big is the screen? DH is the driver and I'm the navigator....but I forget to help him a lot, so he loves the screen on the truck GPS!
Debbie
HarleyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:50 AM   #30

marcusfan,

I have been using Garmin GPS units for many years and when I bought my 390BH-60 I also got a RV 760LMT. Like AREA51, I mount my Garmin on the left of the cockpit - on the lower window with the suction cup mount provided by Garmin. I've never had it fall off -- very easy. I don't like in dash units because they tend to be a lot more expensive, and a lot more expensive and less convenient to install updates on. Regarding the mounting position, since I'm looking at my mirrors a lot anyway the Garmin is in a good spot to see and convenient to program.

Good luck!
Greg
gspencer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:14 AM   #31

I mount my Rand McNally 7710 on the right side of the instrument pod/panel with the provided suction attachment apparatus. It is right by the radio/monitor display and at a great viewing angle.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:23 AM   #32
Apple Valley, CA

In dash GPS

We bought our Burkeshire in January 2014. We told them it must have in-dash GPS. They said ok and added a Jensen NAV 102 navigation module. Problem solved