Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2015, 01:37 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Not at all. If there is one thing that this forum will never agree on its dogs. I don't feel that you did anything wrong unless your dog was off leash. If you are saying what I think you are and the dog was at the edge of the lot well that is what dogs do. They smell and mark and it doesn't really hurt anything. If the dog was off leash or on one of those retractable leashes well you might have been wrong but clearly he overreacted. I love the sighs people but in the yards of their lots that say "No Dogs" or a circle with the line through it over a dog peeing. Dogs can't read and they just walk along and lift a leg before you can stop them. I'm a lot owner so I know how much work goes into a lot. Bottom line is if everyone is courteous and tries to be responsible there is no reason for this nonsense. We have two of them little PIA and I wouldn't trade them for anything.
Yeah, perhaps I was a bit too "aggressive" on 15berkxl. But ask any park operator and the single biggest problem the have is with pets.

Anyhow, 15berkxl I apologize for hitting you so hard.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:25 PM   #102

Our biggest dog problem is from these little squirrel sized dogs. They yip and yap constantly and the owners do NOTHING. I'd rather they come pee then keep up the constant yapping. How can owners be so rude to let dogs go on all day.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:32 PM   #103

Because their DOGS ARE SPECIAL.[/B]
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:56 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Because their DOGS ARE SPECIAL.[/B]
After meeting some of these owners of yippie dogs I think it is the owners projecting through their dogs. They would love to yell and snip at everything that goes by but they let their dogs speak for them.

Cesar Millan could help some of these people.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:37 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
After meeting some of these owners of yippie dogs I think it is the owners projecting through their dogs. They would love to yell and snip at everything that goes by but they let their dogs speak for them.

Cesar Millan could help some of these people.
There is no doubt in my mind that a dog's demeanor is an exact mirror image of their owner.

Boowho??
Old 07-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #106

Mine are special I know that. Do they yap all the time? Better to ask everyone at the end of the Watkins Glen rally. You really should be here. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1436399450.562521.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	82383
You didn't see this today.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1436399524.588530.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	82384
They are a struggle sometimes but they are good puppies.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:14 PM   #107

Quote:
Mine are special I know that. Do they yap all the time? Better to ask everyone at the end of the Watkins Glen rally. You really should be here. Attachment 82383
Attachment 82384
You just had to post a pic of them, didn't you?? I'm green with envy.

BTW, as far as "yapping" doggies..... Much of the time they are suffering from separation anxiety disorder. I consider an owner that leaves such an animal alone all day while they are gone (probably out having a great time) to be guilty of animal cruelty.

Boowho??
Old 07-08-2015, 10:19 PM   #108

They are definitely our family, ours travel well and they too are special.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Takakkaw Falls Yoho NP2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	490.8 KB
ID:	82429  

had a 2015 Rockwood 8281 WS - traded for another brand.
2016 RAM 3500
DNBINFV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:43 PM   #109

Quote:
Mine are special I know that. Do they yap all the time? Better to ask everyone at the end of the Watkins Glen rally. You really should be here. Attachment 82383
Attachment 82384
Do they or not? If not great. And i would have loved to be at Watkins Glen for the race.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:10 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Do they or not? If not great. And i would have loved to be at Watkins Glen for the race.

Race? I thought they built the track for the wine festival. The do bark. Dogs are supposed too. We do work with them to be quite and are mostly successful. I've never had small dogs. They are definitely different from the big dogs we have had.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:14 AM   #111

Boo you have to remember we full time also so this is their home. They are ok by themselves for a couple of hours but they are young so we find places they can run and be dogs.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:11 AM   #112

Quote:
Race? I thought they built the track for the wine festival. The do bark. Dogs are supposed too. We do work with them to be quite and are mostly successful. I've never had small dogs. They are definitely different from the big dogs we have had.
Small dogs all the way for me...... Fur balls, we call them.

But large dogs can be beautiful E. G. Golden Retrievers, Blond Labs.

And there is a difference between barking and incessant yapping. A lady friend of ours has Maltese.... When I approach he tries to be really fierce for about 5-10 seconds before licking me to death. But while he's barking and growling at me, he's "pawing" the ground with all four feet, sorta like a bull would do... He throws dirt and pebbles all over the place; it's really hilarious.

Boowho??
Old 07-09-2015, 10:20 AM   #113

Quote:
Race? Njoy
Old 07-09-2015, 10:37 AM   #114

Mike thanks for the video but it's a little long. I was kidding about the track. I'm very familiar with Watkins Glen Race track with its long history of great racing. The FROG rally here is for the wine festival they hold here every year.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:01 AM   #115

Wonderful. Hope you enjoyed the festival.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:45 AM   #116

Quote:
Boo you have to remember we full time also so this is their home. They are ok by themselves for a couple of hours but they are young so we find places they can run and be dogs.

So where are you spending you winters now? Yuma, AZ has become my favorite.

BTW, here, just 50 miles south of Grand Tetons NP, we are running the heater this morning!! Temp around 50 as I type.

Boowho??
Old 07-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #117

Drought canceled fireworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
Gale and I wish you all a most enjoyable 4th of July and safe travels. We salute and thank our service personnel and veterans, We will be local in NJ and getting ready for our New Orleans trip next week (for a wedding). Hope the AC works - LOL.

Where will you be celebrating?
We traditionally celebrate with a group of high school friends, and we just go down by the beach about 2 miles from our house to see the fireworks. This year the drought is so bad and many pine trees are dead. The powers that be cancelled the fireworks. So we loaded up the RV and got up early to go park it 10 miles down the road in a turnout above Cayucos.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2095.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	337.4 KB
ID:	82511  
2015 Coachmen Freelander 22QBF | 1980 Toyota truck toad

Stinkielee is offline   Reply With Quote