Old 03-26-2016, 08:32 PM   #21

Haven't even had maiden voyage and problems.2016 berkshire 40bh

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
If you read my post above I tried to tell you that but you were more interested in the replacement info from Amazon. I think the controller just gets confused and needs to be disconnected.

My unit is presently at FR for the past 3 weeks. One item on the punch list was replacing the step after the dealer and FR have already replaced the step motor and door switch. LCI would not but agreed to change controller. Step lost its mind and would work or not work. I will be interested if that fixed the issues or not.

Wayne

Old 03-31-2016, 02:19 PM   #22

I replaced 3 motors and contollers in less than three years. Finally LCI replaced the entire step assembly but only after Randy stepped in .... and a great deal of negotiation on my part.

Step and water.heater have been a pain in the butt since I purchased the unit

Old 03-31-2016, 03:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
My unit is presently at FR for the past 3 weeks. One item on the punch list was replacing the step after the dealer and FR have already replaced the step motor and door switch. LCI would not but agreed to change controller. Step lost its mind and would work or not work. I will be interested if that fixed the issues or not.

Wayne
Picked up the unit on Wednesday and step worked fine on the ride home. Parked the RV on the street so I could move vehicles blocking the parking pad exited and shut the door. Step was back to its old tricks and did not retract for the usual 50 seconds WTH. Called FR and told them what I think of LCI products even if they didn't design this or manufacturer it I think Stromberg Carlson did as it is a Coach Step. Lefaivre I guess I need you to take my unit in to FR since I cant seem to get the point across that step is a piece of crap.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:27 PM   #24

It has to be.electrical

There are not alot of parts. Door contacts, controller, motor , gear box, metal steps. Disconnect gearbox f step, move step, free moving not step. Bench test motor moves or don't, gear moves w bench test motor load and no load. Fault may be at motor plug connection from controller wire. Contacts at the plug on the motor is.my strong theory. If not has to be something w controller and how it's wired to coach.how it Receives its signals. My reason I read people hard wire steps w a switch and problem solved. This is an on going dilemma.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:35 PM   #25
7 Year Class A RV'er

Not sure what it us with the step. Ours does the same thing, no pattern at all to it. Usually works perfectly but occasionally there's a delay opening or closing. No idea why, but we've certainly learned to look before you leap when exiting the coach!

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:33 PM   #26

Problem not limited to '15 model year coaches. I have been having the same issue with the steps on my '14 model year coach as well.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:57 PM   #27

Like I said earlier under warranty motor, switch and controller were all replaced nothing left except step.

Wayne
Old 04-01-2016, 10:27 AM   #28

It almost sounds like a bad ground. Anyone try adding another grounding strap to the motor or controller?

2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire, vent