Old 06-26-2015, 12:03 PM   #11

john1345 mentioned it earlier in his post when he said "Now (Option) is to do the HDMI converter thing and use the existing cable in the coach (RG6)...", however as they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

These baluns
[bælən n.] are not very mainstream, typically used to extend signals over long distances. A popular one is HDMI over cat5/6 which allows you to extend an HDMI signal to over 300ft. The higher quality ones allow for IR (Infrared) signal extension as well, so that your IR remote can extend its signal over the same line, allowing the source to be located a long way away and still controlling it with the remote.

Assuming the source from your SAT is HDMI, you could also do a Blueray player, iPad, or any other HD source and use an HDMI switcher which will allow you to split the signals and send to any TV. If you get a 4x4 HDMI matrix splitter you can have 4 sources and 4 TVs and choose any source on any TV.

Robot Check

Old 06-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #12

BooWho, we have 360ql and the tv is in the slide out. The thing Mike mentioned is what I was talking about they make it in coax output/input and SD cables.But, didn't think they we that much $.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1345 View Post
BooWho, we have 360ql and the tv is in the slide out. The thing Mike mentioned is what I was talking about they make it in coax output/input and SD cables.But, didn't think they we that much $.
Yes, that is more than I want to spend....... I find it reprehensible that FR opted to use composite (red/white/yellow) cables to the bedroom TV.... Even back in 2010 and earlier HDMI was coming on strong and component (red/green/blue for video and red/white for audio) was VERY common.

Basically, for me without stringing new cables to the BR TV, it's either COAX or the really old red/white/yellow.

Boowho??
Old 06-26-2015, 10:31 PM   #14

BooWho, that is strange out 2013 Berk has coax (RG6) from switch box by the mid TV to the bed room that is how OTA TV signal is routed. Let me check around there has to be cheaper ones.

John L
Old 06-26-2015, 10:36 PM   #15

BooWho this should work, HDMI to RCA Converter : Electronics - Walmart.com

John L
Old 06-26-2015, 10:39 PM   #16

BooWoo for the other end rca to HDMI RCA (Composite or Component) to HDMI Converters - Monoprice.com
Old 06-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #17

I went back and forth on this and eventually settled on wireless HDMI from Actiontec. I bought a kit from Amazon (transmitter and receiver) and 2 more receivers. I use the transmitter with main TV for source (Satellite/Blue Ray) and receivers at the other TVs. Only drawback is you have to watch the same thing on all TVs.

I use the Next Generation remote control extender for remotes. It turns any IR remote in RF by replacing a battery with a transmitter. Very slick
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #18
Berkshire club

forget that cable crap i got this and it works on the outside tv with DVD,sat tv or play my own hd videos from my camera love it!
Robot Check
Old 06-28-2015, 01:14 PM   #19
Berkshire club

dont know what the heck robot check is ? but its at Amazon
Old 06-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1345 View Post
BooWho, that is strange out 2013 Berk has coax (RG6) from switch box by the mid TV to the bed room that is how OTA TV signal is routed. Let me check around there has to be cheaper ones.

John L
Just for general info and in case some don't know the difference; and please, I'm not intending to talk "down" to anyone reading.....

But signal wise....

HDMI : BEST quality hi-def (audio and video thru a single cable)

Component : slightly lesser quality hi-def..... takes 5 wires..... 3 for video and 2 for audio

Composite : the PITS..... everything runs through only 3 wires; if any hi-def, extremely poor quality.

Maybe I mis-stated earlier.... I do have COAX from the mid-ship cabinet back to the BR TV. That is for OTA, AFAIK.

I also have one composite wire (the old red, white and yellow) that used to be for the mid-ship DVD player (which I tossed out the day the coach came home) The wire is still in the wall; unused.

That composite video cable will not (by itself) carry component video; actually it will carry component video, but without the audio.

HTH

Boowho??