Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2015, 01:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshire Driver View Post
forget that cable crap i got this and it works on the outside tv with DVD,sat tv or play my own hd videos from my camera love it!
Robot Check
Well, if nothing else this thread has given me some ideas for things I did not know were available. Thanks to all for the ideas. I will check them all out.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshire Driver View Post
forget that cable crap i got this and it works on the outside tv with DVD,sat tv or play my own hd videos from my camera love it!
Robot Check
That is similar to my Actiontec setup.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005L9...JzL&ref=plSrch

Also I added this to make my IR remotes RF : http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000C1...X8L&ref=plSrch
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1345 View Post
John, unless I'm missing something, these will convert the signal from digital to analog, therefore losing the High Definition signal. It would work "a" signal, but not a HD one.
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:29 AM   #24

I have ran HDMI cable from the entertainment center to the bedroom and the basement of my 2013 390RB. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the most difficult) I would give it an 8. To get to the basement I used the same floor penetration used for the plumbing in the half bath sink. I pushed that one through the expanding foam used to seal the hole. I then fished it over the top of the tanks into the basement near the curbside rear most main basement door. I'm using a ryd-mor articulated and sliding mount in that compartment. The bedroom was much more difficult. I had to fish the HDMI cable through the chases along the floor of the half bath and bedroom (underneath and beside the bed) on the street side. Once I got to the bathroom I removed the furnace vent in the base of the shower and fished the cable from the street side of the bathroom to the curbside. To get from the bath to the wardrobe slide I had to pop the covers off the flexing cable guide that moves out of the wall between the wardrobe slide and the bathroom. I then had to remove the staples that hold the carpet to the front of the wardrobe slide and then the 2 x 2 that is attached to the front edge of the floor of the slide. This allowed me to use the same penetration as the RCA cables thru the floor into the drawer area of the wardrobe. From there you have to fish up thru the wall of the wardrobe slide into the overhead cabinet. The bottom of the overhead cabinet has a false floor that provides a channel for routing the cables over to the TV.

I can provide pictures of some of this if you are seriously interested. Some of it is buttoned up and it won't be possible to provide pics. It took me several days of working at this to accomplish it. I use a matrix switch box to allow me to control the signal to all TVs and switch between satellite and blue ray DVD in the entertainment center.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #25

That's about what I figured and ruled it out pretty early.
As I'm too old and fat to be doing that kind of stuff any more.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:36 PM   #26

MORryde not ryd-mor articulated sliding mount.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
Old 06-30-2015, 10:15 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
That's about what I figured and ruled it out pretty early.
As I'm too old and fat to be doing that kind of stuff any more.

Dan who said you was old? Mean Bastar&s.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Dan who said you was old? Mean Bastar&s.
I said I was old, but that doesn't make it ok for you to call me fat. :-)
Old 06-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #29

Getting old beats the alternative. Your certainly not fat. I'm not running any hdmi cables anytime soon myself.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:37 PM   #30

I ran an HDMI cable to my outside TV on my 2014 390BH. Once I found the path to the entertainment center is was an easy fix. Cables from the outside TV run behind the kitchen cabinets then under the fridge into the basement where the run across to the entertainment system.
You need fish tape but doesn't have to be that long 25ft should be more than enough.
In the 390Bh the cable runs under the love seat into the back of the kitchen cabinet(you can see the run by removing the draw under the stove).
From the entry in the cabinet it runs under the single door cabinet to the left of the sink and then to the cabinet under the sink (remove the tray for your sink covers by taking out the 4 screws and you can see the line).
Next run the cable under the draws to the right of the sink (again remove the draw and its easy access) and then under the fridge (the access to under the fridge is in the back and is the hardest part to fish as its at an angle, but still pretty easy.
Remove the wood panel at the base of the fridge and you have easy access to cable. Once under the fridge you will see a large bundle of wires that are surrounded by spray foam, the fish tape or any rigid metal object will go right through the foam and you can then fish the cable down to the basement.
Now from the entertainment side, locate your bundle of wires that run from the panel to the basement and again push through the spray foam with your tape.
Go to the basement and push the cable up through the hole you created by the entertainment center and your home free.
I have mine currently set up so the two main cabin TV's and the outside TV are on one Direct Tv box, but could also just add a new box in the entertainment center for solo operation. If you have Direct Tv you can set your receiver and remote to RF and you'll be changing your new HD channels from the comfort of your lawn chair... now if there was just an RF remote for the beer in my fridge I would be all set!
ChuckandJennr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:37 PM   #31

I have also replaced the RCA's with HDMI's. I have the BH model so the path's won't be the same. It isn't easy, but it is doable if you have the time. Getting to the outside TV was the easiest, followed by the bedroom, and then the front was a pain. Actually the mid TV was so easy I didn't even count that. I purchased the cables and 4x4 switch from Firefold. I was going to have CW do it, but even with me providing the materials, they wanted too much. I ran mine through the floor until I got close to the TVs then up. Miscalculated the cable length to the outside TV and had to use a female to female adapter to join 2 HDMI cables. One day I'll swap it for a single cable. It took me 2 days to do it. Wish I could help more with your floorplan.
JJvike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:36 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgewant View Post
I have ran HDMI cable from the entertainment center to the bedroom and the basement of my 2013 390RB. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the most difficult) I would give it an 8.........
Since you have an RB like me, maybe the pics would be helpful. However, like Dan-Nickie said I'm getting too old and much to fat for a "level 8" job.

Still, I could get motivated, I guess....

As far as being fat..... I have one friend that uses me at the standard for being huge... When referring to someone who is especially large, he'll say "J C, he's bigger than you"!!!

Boowho??
Old 07-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #33

I'll see what I can do.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
Old 07-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgewant View Post
I'll see what I can do.
Don't go thru too much effort just for me.

Boowho??
Old 07-03-2015, 03:49 PM   #35

Here are some pics. Don't know how helpful they will be.

First shows penetrations under the vanity in the half bath. Panel is removed.

Next: HDMI cable and additional coax exiting vanity going towards toilet. HDMI has blue stripes.

Photo 3: The chase behind the toilet. The cables can be fished thru this chase from the bedroom. It is a tight squeeze between the bed and the wall.

Not shown in this post but I do have a pic are the chases on either side of the bed. They just lift up to reveal wiring and plumbing.

Photo 4: The cable guide that slides out of the rear bath wall next to the wardrobe. The top on each segment will pop off for access to the wires.

Photo 5: Floor of wardrobe overhead cabinet. After removing the staples holding this down I reinstalled with screws.

Photo 6: Wardrobe with lower drawer removed to reveal the penetrations in the floor and the wall.

I've got a couple more that I will post once I find them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150703_104518.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	81956   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150703_104604.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	81957   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150703_104757.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	81958   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150703_105257.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	81959   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150703_105324.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	423.3 KB
ID:	81960  

Name:	20150703_105501.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	399.2 KB
ID:	81961  

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
Old 07-03-2015, 04:15 PM   #36

More pics of HDMI install?

Ignore the first.

Second shows chase on either side of the bed lifted to reveal wiring and plumbing.

Last shows leading edge of wardrobe slide with carpet unattached and 2 x 2 removed to show penetration through floor of wardrobe. It's upside down.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150703_105353.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	81962   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150703_105153.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	81964   Click image for larger version

Name:	wardrobeslide.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	456.0 KB
ID:	81965  

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
Old 07-03-2015, 04:49 PM   #37

Thanks for doing those pictures. I know that was a lot of trouble.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:19 PM   #38

Glad to be of service.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
Old 07-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Thanks for doing those pictures. I know that was a lot of trouble.
+1 Thanks Dan.....

Boowho??