Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #21

Thank you I will !
PFurlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
-9!! Wow, might have been to cold for the system to keep up with. And I don't think the furnace will heat the basement compartments.

Does anyone know if the furnace heats that compartment?
ndfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #23

First-
PFurlow- Welcome to the Forums!

As far as the furnace heating the compartments where the tanks are, it did on my '08 coach. I could see a piece of the flexible ducting coming out from the floor of the coach, or ceiling of the compartment. Depends on how you want to look at it. On my '14, there is a white panel that covers the area above the tanks so I don't know if the duct is there. I will need to remove the panel and take a look.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #24
Cyclone

My 13 has a heat duct in the tank compartment. What froze? The tank or the fresh water lines? The tank heat will not keep the water lines from freezing. Even with furnace heat, FR only states protection to 0. I've been o.k. down to -5 but with no wind. Below 20 i add extra electric heat.

Camping nights: 2015 - 19, 2014 - 39, 2013 - 48
beipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFurlow View Post
I have a Legacy SR 300 and the brochure says we have tank heating pads but I cannot see them nor is there a switch anywhere that would turn them on!
If you have a 14' it doesn't have pads as switch is at command center. They started putting them in the 15's go figure. I spoke with Forest River today, I want pads installed since they are std now. Just drove back from Florida and had two days of freezing weather before I could winterized it, low to mid 20's.

Another question I can't seem to get answered Is whether or not the basement has any forced air heat. I had furnace set at 70 the other night and it was 22 out but sure didn't feel freezing in basement. I saw a video of the 360rb floor plan on YouTube a while back and they mentioned forced air heat in basement but can't confirm.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #26

I looked but could not find any heating ducts in basement. Why did they list in their brochure but not put the pads on the rv?
Old 11-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #27

Quote:
I looked but could not find any heating ducts in basement. Why did they list in their brochure but not put the pads on the rv?
No idea. What year is your legacy? I have my brochure from January and it doesn't mention tank pads. I think when the 15's came out in the spring/summer they had them. If you have them, the switches should be at command center.

I think I'm going to have them installed.

As for the basement heat, I'm wondering since the ducting is beneath the subfloor if this is what they mean by heated basement. I can't even see any heating ducting anywhere down there but it does seem to be somewhat warm in there with heat on.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #28

Since you also have a legacy 300kp , have you tried to hook up an outside dish to your tv?
Old 11-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #29

We have a 2014 legacy and they are the heating pads are listed for the water tanks but I think they were left off the rv!
Old 11-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #30

Quote:
We have a 2014 legacy and they are the heating pads are listed for the water tanks but I think they were left off the rv!
They may have been. I talked to mitch at forest river today about this and he indicated they started putting them in at some point during year. Mine was obviously produced before they added this, kind of ridiculous to not have them in my opinion. Our previous class c even had them.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #31

Quote:
I spoke with FR warranty dept and a FR Legacy tech and they confirmed that there is a duct in the wet bay providing some forced air heat. Was told you wod need to really get in there to see it as it is up high in between tanks on bottom of subfloor. Makes sense since that is where the ducting runs from furnace to bathroom and then back to bedroom in floor vents.

As I mentioned earlier we were camped on way home from Florida last week and temps in northern NC got down to about 22 degrees. Had furnace set to 70 and when I went out in morning to take a peek in wet bay it was def warm in there, well above 32.

I'm glad it has this !

Tags
tank