Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #1

Heater help

I need help trying to get the front furnace to run. The furnace that is under the sofa. On the thermostat zone 2 only has a option for furn. It's the one under the fridgerator. Zone 1 only has hp. Does anyone know how to get that furn to run? It's a 2011 390bh. Thanks ken
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Ken,

Are you sure that is a furnace under the couch? When I looked at the newer units than mine, I thought that was only duck work under the couch coming from the furnace under the frig. I could be wrong, but since you only see the options you described on the control unit, I would not think you had a second furnace. Hopefully others will offer assistance or clarification. Good luck!

Craig

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #3

Yes sir. Duct work runs under couch. The second unit is actually under the stove top. On the exterior there is two exhaust ports. I can get the unit to run in the bed room and hall way. That is located under the fridge. But can't figure out how to turn on the other.

Ken
Old 12-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
2011 Berkshire 390BH

You might want to send a PM to Joker, I saw in another post that he had two furnaces that you described.

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
You might want to send a PM to Joker, I saw in another post that he had two furnaces that you described.
Thanks. I sent him a pm. Maybe he can give me some advice. I'm beginning to think I have the wrong t stat in my unit. If anyone else has info please chime in. Thanks
Old 01-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #6

If you indeed have two furnaces and the Dometic programmable t-stat, it may be programmed wrong.
dogsgocamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas View Post
I need help trying to get the front furnace to run. The furnace that is under the sofa. On the thermostat zone 2 only has a option for furn. It's the one under the fridgerator. Zone 1 only has hp. Does anyone know how to get that furn to run? It's a 2011 390bh. Thanks ken
We also have two furnaces one under fridge and one under stove. We have two Dometic thermostats for AC/strip heaters/fan and furnace controls each. Under reefer is bedrm and hall, under stove is blast furnace to LR only.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #8

You have two zones or two separate t stats? I think I'm headed to the dealer. Seems like I may have the wrong t stat. I don't have an option for heat strips either. Just ac and heat pump.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas
You have two zones or two separate t stats? I think I'm headed to the dealer. Seems like I may have the wrong t stat. I don't have an option for heat strips either. Just ac and heat pump.
Note htrs right and left. Thermo on wall, 2nd in Bdrm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3457268340.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	22653

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1675429765.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	22654
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote