Old 08-04-2014, 09:13 PM   #11
The coupler has a type of a sleeve that needs to be pushed back as you insert the fitting. When the fitting slips in let go of the sleeve to the coupler and you should be good to go. Will be easier to install when the air pressure is on the low side.

RodneyD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:26 AM   #12
Originally Posted by seeg View Post

I have the one on the far right. Presumably I need the more rounded tip?

I have the one second from the right, but the only difference in mine and yours is that mine has female thread and yours has male threads it seems.

If you have not yet, you may find one tie wrapped near your connector. Typically there is one there from the factory for use by tow truck drivers if needed.

So far, it sounds like it may be your method of plugging in may need tweaking. It takes two hands to do it right. Hold the collar/sleeve on your coach's connector back with one hand while plugging in your adapter with the other hand.

Other suggestions to NOT start up the coach is a good idea. You do not need 125 lb air to fill up a bike tire and you should be very careful. It will probably only take a fraction of a second to fill that tire, and just a little more to blow it up.

2014 Berkshire 390RB-60
dan-nickie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #13
On my 2014, the air fitting required is a standard fitting common to home and construction air tools... if you go the construction tools section at Home Depot you'll find several fittings like those in the set below:

Workforce 17-Piece Air Compressor Accessory Kit-41225HOM at The Home Depot

I installed one of the fittings on a 50' hose, with a female quick-connect at the other end for use with an air chuck. As others have said, sliding the sleeve back on the quick connect (on the RV) and holding the hose firmly will let you connect... just commit when you push the fitting in and let the sleeve go as soon as you're connected. Bleeding the system will make the removal easier but if you hold the hose firmly when you release the quick-connect it's doable.

I bought this hose; it's lightweight and a bright color that may keep me from leaving it behind. Uses standard 1/4" NPT fittings

Amflo 3/8 in. x 50 ft. PVC/Rubber Blend Air Hose-577-50A at The Home Depot

While on the subject, there are other mentions of the quick-connect gas fitting; I found the following products compatible with that fitting on my 2014: The quick-connect female fitting installed in the basement on the right is a low pressure line, where "low pressure" is "after regulator." If you're hooking up a fire pit or a gas grill to that line, you will need to remove the regulator from those items if they have one installed.

FOR PROPANE HOOKUP: Camco 59853 Propane Quick Connect Kit - Valve & Full Flow Plug: Automotive Camco 59903 Propane Quick-Connect Fitting - 1/4" NPT x Full Flow Male Plug: Automotive Camco 57282 10' Propane Quick-Connect Hose: Automotive

Thread tape for propane lines is typically yellow as below:
Oatey 1/2 in. x 260 in. Yellow PTFE Tape-31403D at The Home Depot

Happy Trails,

2014 Berkshire 390RB-60
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Roadmaster Falcon A/T tow bar
Gottawonder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #14
I haven't done it yet, but I will install a ball valve upstream of the quick connect coming off the coach. This will enable me to bleed pressure downstream.

2013 Berkshire 390 BH
2013 Berkshire 390BH
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #15
Originally Posted by seeg View Post

I like the idea of a pressure regulator and gauge. Can these be obtained at any big box store or on line? Can you shoot me a link or photo?

You should be able to pickup a regulator and all the needed fittings at the big home centers/tractor supply/northern tools/etc. I have one on my compressor in the garage and it makes it easy to adapt the pressure to different tools and uses.
2015 F150 Ecoboost
2014 Palomini 142 CK
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #16
I installed a ball valve both for the pressure prob you had and as a redundancy incase the quick connect ever leaked. Here is the link for the thread with a pic. Once I am done I turn the valve off, put the air chuck against the corner of the generator frame to bleed of the pressure in the line and then diconnect.

Air Chuck

2008 Berkshire 360QS-40
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem"
speedmerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #17
Update. Thanks for the many suggestions. I got my wife to pump the brakes and reduced the air pressure to around 75 and then inserted the male connector w/o a problem. I purchaded a ball valve at Home Depot and put a male quick connect on one end and a female quick connect on the other and connected the entire assembly to the female fitting on the coach.. With the ball valve closed there is no pressure to the last female quick connect and I can insert a male end before adding pressurized air. I alsobought a reulator for controlling the pressure down stream. Thanks again for all the help.

2015 Entegra Anthem 450HP-1250ft lbs of torque
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Roadmaster Falcon 2 All Terrain
SMI Air Force 1
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote