Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2015, 01:44 PM   #1

Help, door awning won't retract

Hi guys, I'm wondering if someone can give me some assistance. I have a 2014 Berkshire 390RB and my door awning won't retract. When I push the button, I can hear it clicking, but no movement. No breakers are tripped. Does anyone have any ideas on my next move? Or how I can manually retract it? Thanks for any assistance.

Marcusfan
Old 05-31-2015, 03:45 PM   #2

Help, door awning won't retract

Mine did that and I had to have a friend push the awning in while I held the retract button and it worked. Hope this helps.

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:46 PM   #3

Ended up replacing the awning arms and motor under warranty and so far no issues

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:43 PM   #4

Jason, we tried that, no luck. Right now my plan is to bungee it closed and take it to the dealer to see if they can figure it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Marcusfan
marcusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #5

Burned out motor, perhaps? We have a completely different RV, but the issue sounds very similar. Our awning got stuck out, same clicking noises but no movement. A couple of friends helped my husband roll it back in. We put steel hose clamps on it to keep it secure until we could get to the dealership. Sure enough, motor had burned out.

2016 Trips:16 Nights:41
2015 Trips:13 Nights:29
2014 Trips:13 Nights:31
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:06 PM   #6

I had the same issue. Since the arms are spring loaded to push open, you will have to squeese the arms while you have an assistant push the awning in. I used zip ties to secure it till it could be repaired.
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:41 PM   #7

We have the opposite problem. Our awning has only been used a handful of times. It's a Georgetown 2012. Anyway, when we parked we put it out the awning and the edge touched a tree branch. It stopped. It took a couple tries but it retracted. Now it won't go out. We can manually get on the roof and encourage it to go out about 18 inches and it retracts just fine. When we try to extend it though, you hear a clicking and it won't go out. It retracts just fine so I don't think it's the motor. Any ideas? Thanks for any help. CIndy
moosey80203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:32 AM   #8

Your motor works ok,but there is a plastic gear that the motor turns to retract the awing. I have a 2010 Berkshire and my broke about a month ago. I had the plastic gear replaced with a metal gear.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
karcic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, door