Old 11-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #21

I tow a Ford F-150 behind our Berkshire. Use Blue Ox tow bar along with the Invisbrake braking system.

I like the setup - quick and easy to connect & disconnect.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #22

OP - Check out Camping World. I went in last week to get my set up. I was going all in. All-Terrain Falcon bar, invisibrake and all the extra's. Total bill was $3,400 installed with tax and delivery. I could have saved a couple bucks buying online and finding someone else to install but I wanted someone like Camping world to install. Plus the little amount was $200 cheaper.

Best news is there is a coupon out right now for free install. Although I went in last week and put down the deposit, the soonest appt was next week. They called me today to let me know they have applied the coupon and now my bill is $2,900. For what I got you can't beat it anywhere.

Check it out.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #23

Thanks guys for all the advice. I pick up the MH tomorrow. The dealer says the walk through usually takes about three hours but I can take as much time as I want. My mom is going along and we are going to videotape it in case I forget something, LOL. I am so excited I dont know how I am ever going to get to sleep tonight. The dealer is three hours away so we are getting up very early to drive up there. It was worth the drive since they treated me well and I got what I think is a great deal. We are staying in Des Moines for the weekend since Monday is a holiday that way if there is anything that needs fixed, we can go Monday morning and they can take care of it. I will post pictures when I get it home. Thanks again.

Marcusfan
Old 11-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #24
Grape Escape

Picked up used Blue Ox Alladin tow bar and Brake Buddy on Kijiji like new for $600, new basekit for CRV $410, associated wiring and drop bar to lower hitch $120 plus one day of my labour to install for total of approx $1200.
Hardest part of install was removing lower part of bumper facia.
I figure my wife owes me 200$/hr x 9hrs worth of....... dream on
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62_inrightlane View Post
Yes, many folks who paid a lot more for what we got with our Berkshires seem to enjoy saying negative things about our coaches. I just chalk it up to ignorance.
+1

On any given day, ANY manufacturer can make a great coach and ANY manufacturer can make a lemon. People that trash another product are just bigots, but also need to re-assure themselves that they bought the right unit.

In my OPINION, the Berk was the best bang for the buck (in it's class), bar none. I'm on very fixed income, so price was my biggest consideration. If money were not an option, I may have bought something else.

Boowho??
Old 11-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #26

Has anyone used or have knowledge about the Air Force One toad braking system from SMI Manufacturing? It uses the air that is applied to the motor homes'is brakes and thus is a true proportional braking system.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #27

Whoops! The AirForce One is supposed to have a safety system in the case that the air line breaks. I am in the market for a toad brake and will consider looking at all alternatives.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #28

My BrakeMaster 9000 is operated by the air from my rig. I have a small red light mounted by my dashboard selector switch that lights when the unit applies the brakes in the toad. I'm very happy with it.

JJ
Old 11-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #29

I did not know of that one and will take a look at it. Thank's
Old 11-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
Has anyone used or have knowledge about the Air Force One toad braking system from SMI Manufacturing? It uses the air that is applied to the motor homes'is brakes and thus is a true proportional braking system.

My father has one on his coach and has good luck with it.