Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2018, 02:52 PM   #21

Those are grease filters, not charcoal. The Manual clearly shows that the plate that runs over the top of the door needs to be removed to change the charcoal filter. The microwave is a Sharp R1874T. The RV is a 2018 Berkshire XL 40 C. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sharp R1874T Manual Page 30.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	161414  
Old 02-01-2018, 03:23 PM   #22

Keep it and install an exterior vent for cooktop.

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #23

It looks like a damper to a vent hood.
ka7cxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:03 AM   #24

Exhaust vent for Microwave? Looks like the one we have. Does the flat piece swivel?
Old 02-02-2018, 11:26 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidernation View Post
Photo attached. Self closing Aluminum flap. I am guess it would normally be attached on the discharge of a fan. Not sure where it belongs. Not part of the vents that are discharging from the propane heater. Maybe supposed to be on a stove top fan.

Thanks
take the microwave down, install the ring on the back and vent the microwave outside. It is to be located on the top rear of the microwave. It vents the stove top to the outside. Not the micro. The microwave has a hanger on the wall and two screws on the top screwed into the upper cabinet. Wish I had a dollar for every microwave I have installed.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:46 AM   #26

Quote:
Approximately 3 inches by 9 inches. Was in a cupboard drawer, in a cardboard three sided sleeve.

Very similar in size to a mail slot.

If I had to guess I would say its for the fan on a stove-top hood. Wondering if it wasn't installed since there is no propane burners (induction cooktop) ?? There is a hood fan on the microwave installed above the stovetop.
If that vent is not installed your hood fan is being recirculated back into your face.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:50 AM   #27

Quote:
The vent damper is not required to be installed, since the vent is re-circulating,,,,,but,,,,,, there is a charcoal filter that is suggested to be changed 6 - 12 months. I wanted to verify that there was one installed, but it is impossible to remove the cover on top of the door as the middle screw holding down the cover is not accessible due to the way the microwave is installed. I can take out the ones on the left and right face of the cover, but the middle one is vertical, and the microwave is installed at a depth that doesn't enable access to this screw.

If I can figure out how to take it down, I would throw away that screw and leave the cover be attached by the two screws on the left and right face of the plate. I think this cover also needs to come off if the light inside the Microwave ever needs replacement.

I guess Forest River doesn't want anyone to follow the Manufacturer (Sharp)'s instructions for the operation of this unit.
Take the micro down and vent it outside. No more fish smell. All smells and HEAT go outside.