Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2015, 03:48 PM   #1

Help! What do these warning beeps mean?

We have a 2016 Berkshire 34QS. We are hearing warning beeps coming from front and have no idea what these mean. Every 1.3 mins we get 3 beeps followed by 1 sec pause then 4 beeps. Then it stops for 1.30 mins and does it again. Never stops. Doesn't matter if we are driving, stopped at light. This never stops. We can not figure out what these warning beeps are. Called FR but have not received a call back yet. We thought maybe one of the hydraulic jacks may be down slightly so even pulled over in a parking lot and went through entire jack leveling process again. But once we put RV in drive, foot on brake and sat there for a few secs, we started getting the warning beeps again. This beeping warning will not stop. Every 1.30 mins constantly. We also noticed a whooshing sound of air escaping periodically on passenger front side. Like maybe air bag is leaking. Does not make this sound in any other areas. Can anyone tell us what this beeping is? And is it normal to hear that air decompressing periodically? Our first diesel and feel we have so much to learn. We tried to find something in our owners manual about what the beeps might mean but could finding nothing. Thanks for any help you can give us. Susan and Don
L2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:51 PM   #2

What do your air gauges saying ? Keeping air pressure up or dropping ?

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5456Mich View Post
What do your air gauges saying ? Keeping air pressure up or dropping ?
x2
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:01 PM   #4

Gauges start at 140 then we notice while driving will drop down to 110 then goes back up. Is that normal? Should they always stay consistent?
Old 10-20-2015, 04:06 PM   #5

I'd say if you're not using air they should be fairly stable. Sounds like you have a leak for sure.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 10-20-2015, 04:10 PM   #6

Yikes, we were afraid that might be it. You think that is what the constant beeping is all about? Warning us of the leak? Brand new Motorhome. Only had it a month. Oh Great. Thanks for your help!
Old 10-20-2015, 04:35 PM   #7

You will get a warning when low air. If it got to low I think the could lock up. Sounds like you're just losing air and the compressor is able to sort of keep up, but you should pull over till fixed,

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 10-20-2015, 05:29 PM   #8

Ok so we called Freight liner and they took us through all their audible alarms and they all checked out ok. None of them were what we are hearing. They said that the air bag pressure fluctuation that we are experiencing is normal. So the constant peeping we are hearing is coming from something Forest River. He had us check hydraulic oil level for levelers, the satellite antenna position and the slides and DEF fluid to make sure everything was correct and closed properly. Everything checked out. We are stumped what this constant beeping could be. Any other ideas anyone? FR still has not returned our call.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:33 PM   #9
2014 360 QL

ok! now where is the beeping sound coming from . is it from the dash or some place else ? then we can work from that.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:41 PM   #10

Sounds like it is coming from front of coach, dash area.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:46 PM   #11

Battery level maybe

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:32 PM   #12

Have you looked for warnings on the Freightliner information LCD panel?
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:10 PM   #13

Hard to diagnosis with so little info but it does not sound like a Forest River issue. I but my money on Freightliner and the air system. You may have had a hose slip out of a fitting. The 1.3 sec could be the time to pump up then bleed down air pressure.

Does it happen if you just sit and idle? If yes I really think Air.

Do both your air gauges fluctuate or just one?

I believe top gauge is for front breaks and bottom is for back breaks. You need air to activate front breaks and you need air to release rear breaks. Yes the two are opposite.

Do you hear the hiss in the front or back of the coach? I believe you said front. I would check to see if the manual bleeders for the air tanks are OK. There are two pull cables behind the passenger front tire and one behind the driver front tire. Try pulling both these and see if problem stops. Other than this I think you should get to a Freightliner shop.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:41 PM   #14

The beeping could be something as simple as a smoke detector. Check everything, if you don't have warning lights on or flashing on the dash most likely it's not from FL.

I had some beeping also, it sounded like it was coming from the middle of the coach while I was in the front, I would go to the middle and listen and it would sound like it was in the front. I finally found it in the master bedroom, it was the smoke detector. And it was warning that the detector itself was bad, not just a dead battery. I had to change the whole thing out.

Just telling this story so you don't assume it's something terrible and waste a lot of time hunting it down in the dash.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:25 AM   #15

Did you check your residential refrigerator? There is a beeping when the doors are not closed tightly.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #16
Professional Texan

May be odd but check your propane detector. It does not have a battery but runs on the RV battery. It does have an odd pattern of beeps when it is at EOF (end of life) I know you said your unit was new but my new travel trailer propane detector had a EOF signal after six months. It that is what it is, press the reset button and it will give you a week or so to replace it.

Just my 2 cents. It is a possiblity.

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
The beeping could be something as simple as a smoke detector. Check everything, if you don't have warning lights on or flashing on the dash most likely it's not from FL.

I had some beeping also, it sounded like it was coming from the middle of the coach while I was in the front, I would go to the middle and listen and it would sound like it was in the front. I finally found it in the master bedroom, it was the smoke detector. And it was warning that the detector itself was bad, not just a dead battery. I had to change the whole thing out.

Just telling this story so you don't assume it's something terrible and waste a lot of time hunting it down in the dash.

Did you check your residential refrigerator? There is a beeping when the doors are not closed tightly.

I've dealt with both of these issues. Good possibility.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:36 PM   #18

Certainly must have figured it out by now. What was the findings ?

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 10-21-2015, 08:37 PM   #19

I hope he comes back and lets us know what was making the beeping noise.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:31 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
I hope he comes back and lets us know what was making the beeping noise.
I agree.

Some of the earlier suggestions have happened to me (carbon monoxide, low battery on propane detector, smoke detector, etc) so those seem like the most likely.
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote