Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #21
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankatp View Post
Ependydad, We are going to Roswell to say hi to my family. LOL Want me to take a message to yours? Frank

Truth be told, my family is split between the monkey house and snake pit! Aliens inhabit all forms.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelers View Post
I might look at Holly Shores Camping Resort. I got their flyer in the mail and it looks nice. Holly Shores Camping Resort, Midway Between Cape May and Wildwood NJ, We have Full Hook-Up Sites and Cabin and Trailer Rentals. I'm not affiliated with them and have never been there. Just trying to help out.
Holly Shores is a great campground. We didn't get there last summer but hope to go again this year. It's close enough to Cape May and Wildwood. They have a nice pool and very friendly staff.
Kelsma03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #23

We did Holly Shores a few years ago nice place but seemed tight to me, plus we had heavy rains and the ground stayed soaked for days would have thought with all that sand it would have drained better. We prefer Seashore Campsites better, but with a corp. buying it they might be in for changes.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #24
2013 Berkshire 390 BH-60

We're doing Beach Comber in July. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 04-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas View Post
We have a trip planed to visit southern New Jersey- cape may area. Coming from SC. I realize the i95 through Baltimore(tunnel) is off limits because of propane. Is a good alt route to go chesapeake bay bridge then north thru Deleware over the 295 bridge I think that's the Delaware memorial bridge. Any advice would be appreciated.

I travel the northeast corridor (I-95) a lot. The biggest problem is Washington and all it's traffic. Between Fredericksburg and Washington can be bumper to bumper and also I-495 around Washington. Therefore you need to plan to do this either late AT&T night or mid-day after the morning rush but before the evening rush which starts at 2 PM.

An alternative is exiting I-95 at Rutherford Glen (exit 207 a Flying-J there) to SR-207 to Bowling Green and pick up US-301 north. This use to be a nice route 20 years ago, but now it is crowded with suburbia and many traffic lights.

I generally bite the bullet and take I-95 north to the 495 beltway east (follow Baltimore signs). Quarter way around I-495, I pick up US-50 to Annapolis and cross the Bay Bridge (very scenic). The eastern shore of the Chesapeake is very scenic with many sailboats and the trip through Maryland is all rolling farm country. There is a nice rest stop about 9 mile east of the bridge. When Delaware is reached, the road narrows and with some lights, but not much distance tHrough Delaware. About 3 miles before reaching I-95, US-301 makes a right. Stay on SR-896 straight ahead to I-95 where you will then be a short distance to the Delaware Memorial Bridge (no toll northbound). You will have a toll eastbound on the Bay Bridge.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:05 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Guy View Post
We're doing Beach Comber in July. Anyone have any thoughts?

Nice campground, I have heard very tight on the rules, which can be a good thing, also I walked the campground one day to check it out and the sites seemed to be fairly large but looked like some could be a problem getting into with a small split rail fence and light post to navigate around. This was a couple of years ago so things might have changed.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:13 AM   #27

I'll throw my vote in for seashore campgrounds as well. It is literally less than two miles from my house and we still go there to "get a way". It is under new ownership this year, so I guess we will see what changes are in store. I did see that they are replacing the pool already, not too sure why the old one was pretty nice IMO.
meck51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:15 AM   #28
2013 Berkshire 390 BH-60

Thanks for the info. Shame on me for trying to get a campground for 4th of July weekend so late. I'm usually booked way earlier.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by meck51 View Post
I'll throw my vote in for seashore campgrounds as well. It is literally less than two miles from my house and we still go there to "get a way". It is under new ownership this year, so I guess we will see what changes are in store. I did see that they are replacing the pool already, not too sure why the old one was pretty nice IMO.
That surprises ma also the pool is very nice unless they are doing something at the lake area, It is a man made lake maybe they are turning into a pool.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #30

Not the lake area, although they may be doing something with that too. The one I saw them working on is the front pool by the office and mini golf. Drove by this morning and they were putting down fresh asphalt in the driveway too. I'll probably swing in, in a few days and see what else is going on.
meck51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:32 PM   #31

My folks were seasonals there for a lot of years but just last year at the end od the season mom gave it up, she did not even know of the sale. We always would stay there because of them but now we use Sea Pines because we are TT members, kkep us posted on Seashores improvements