Old 11-20-2015, 06:23 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Yes...thanks...I've been following this out of interest but was beginning to question my understanding of the basics. Did FR provide you guys from the factory with actual f/r axle weights or did people begin discovering it on their own...Seem like it could be quite dangerous and even though I have a G'town... probably wouldn't hurt for me to check on my individual axle weights. Thanks for the response and hope the company steps up for all concerned.
FR gives weights just like they do with the Gtown. The issue was that they grossly underestimated the weights and at the same time had a software issue. It was a pretty major mistake but yes FR has stepped up and taken care of everyone that was over weight.
As for getting a weight in yours? I highly recommend it.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:54 PM   #32
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
FR gives weights just like they do with the Gtown. The issue was that they grossly underestimated the weights and at the same time had a software issue. It was a pretty major mistake but yes FR has stepped up and taken care of everyone that was over weight.
I'm surprised they haven't done a recall or reached out to owners (vs. waiting for the other way around). They have to know which coaches were built with what axles and see a pattern for which are overweight.

Has anyone contacted the NTSHA about this?

Old 11-20-2015, 07:00 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I'm surprised they haven't done a recall or reached out to owners (vs. waiting for the other way around). They have to know which coaches were built with what axles and see a pattern for which are overweight.

Has anyone contacted the NTSHA about this?

No didn't have a reason to. FR had taken care of the issue on a as reported bases. The issue isn't wide spread and mostly the 2011-13 RB model. A few of the BH but that depends on the options. No other model that I'm aware of. I'm sure there are some out there that haven't weighed there Moho. I am amazed so many never weigh their rig.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:02 PM   #34

I just picked my unit up after the upgrade OMG it is a whole new vehicle. The wallering is gone and you hardly notice the bumps.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:03 PM   #35
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I am amazed so many never weigh their rig.
I agree, but I'd bet those who don't weigh vs. those who do is probably 10 to 1. Which knowing that- I think that's all of the more reason for the manufacturer to step-up and be proactive.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:22 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by accumack View Post
I just picked my unit up after the upgrade OMG it is a whole new vehicle. The wallering is gone and you hardly notice the bumps.

If for any other reason...^^^^^This
Old 11-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #37

PLEASE........do not let this thread turn into a FR is crap thread....PLEASE, I'm begging.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:59 PM   #38

Smile Weighing RV

I think this conversation is good. I would have never thought I would need to weigh the Birkshire I'm purchasing being that it's factory equipped. I'm buying a 2011 BE290BH-40 and will weigh it just to see what the actual weight is.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:38 PM   #39

Berkshire division I believe is the best RV for standing behind their product there is! They are making it right as far as the weight issue as seen other more expensive brands are not! So no bashing especially if you don't own a Berk because you have no idea! Just my $.02 worth.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:29 PM   #40
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
PLEASE........do not let this thread turn into a FR is crap thread....PLEASE, I'm begging.

Heh. Soooooo not my intent. My apologies if I'm the catalyst for that.