Old 09-18-2010, 01:21 AM   #11

Actually I've made a check list on the computer which I printed out and use prior to each trip. Helps too when more than one person is packing - so we know where each other left off. We still forget things but there is that golden rule: They have stores where you are going. The nice thing about Wal-mart / Costco / Sam's Club is they have large parking lots (unless it's the middle of the day on Saturday) where you can find a place to park fairly easily.

I wouldn't ship anything really - I'd go shopping after you get the unit.

days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #12

Unless they changed it, the radio has am/fm/weather band/CD player/backup-sideview monitor(b&W). You need to have a satellite receiver that you hook up to the radio to receive satellite. In my coach, there is not bluetoooth. You can connect your ipod but you need rca cables to hook into the aux jacks which you can get to by taking the access cover in the dash off.
hope this helps.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #13

I'd like to tag on to the previous reply and ask a queston. I just purchased a 2011 390BH with the Jensen radio that I thought was "Sirius ready" I went to activate it and found that it wasn't as ready as I hoped. What type of receiver is required and where does it mount?
Old 09-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #14

I guess you would get it from Sirius. I have XM and got a XM receiver from them. You would then plug the output of the receiver into the AUX RC plugs on the rear of the radio. When you want to listen to the satellite, you turn on the satellite receiver and tune to AUX on the radio. I had XM for about 12 months but found it was not used for 9 months out of the year and sat unused the rest of the time so I cancelled the satellite and I bought an IPOD and use that instead.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #15
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpete1 View Post
I'd like to tag on to the previous reply and ask a queston. I just purchased a 2011 390BH with the Jensen radio that I thought was "Sirius ready" I went to activate it and found that it wasn't as ready as I hoped. What type of receiver is required and where does it mount?
There is one part that you need to add to activate Sirius. We looked for the part and found that our radio wouldn't work with the part, so I took my portable unit and hooked it up with RCA cables and then use the AUX setting on your radio. It works like a charm. We just set the antenna on the front of the dash and it works fine. No problems at all.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:39 AM   #16

We are close behind you, closing on our home in Oct. picking up Rv and hitting the road soon in our Berkshire! Excited to get going!

Tags
390bh, berkshire