Old 09-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5456Mich View Post
So curiosity is getting the best of me and I need to ask Boowho where he's presently located. Probably has said in another thread where he was heading but my memory's not what it use to be.
Buena Vista, CO; high in the Rockies. I'm full time, will be here until the end of September when I start working my way toward Yuma, AZ for December, January and February.

Boowho??

Old 09-03-2015, 12:20 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5456Mich View Post
Seems like there is a strict sequence of how these coaches need to be started. Or not ? Should be picking ours up in a week or so. Doesn't sound though like you can just hop in like a regular car / truck and go.
Do the manuals that come with the coach spell it all out?
Joe it's not that big of a deal. You really need to do a walk around inspection immediately before pulling out; don't forget to look UP as well as down. Make sure all doors are secure; your electric cable is stowed (don't laugh; people HAVE driven off with it connected), etc. Just take it slow and use common sense.

As far as starting; you cannot retract the slides with the ignition on. So, pull them in.... Then start the coach and let it air up; either watch the gauges for listen for the air governor to "blow off". Last hit "retract all" on the jack panel.

We keep a small notepad stuck to the refrigerator of key items we're most likely to forget. For example, I pull the 12V plug that powers my Winegard antenna, so it's not searching continuously while I'm driving and burning up the motor. That could be easy to forget.

When I had my problem the other day, it was mostly due to my getting rattled and not thinking clearly.

Having said that, however, driving a coach is NOT the same as just jumping in a car and taking off. Everything should be slow, deliberate and thoughtful.

Good Luck

Boowho??

Old 09-03-2015, 12:23 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
What is this cold you speak of? I suggest if it's cold enough to use a block heater just go south.
X2

Boowho??
Old 09-03-2015, 12:31 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
Buena Vista, CO; high in the Rockies. I'm full time, will be here until the end of September when I start working my way toward Yuma, AZ for December, January and February.

Boowho??

Very nice country out that way. Went out a few years ago to watch our son do a race in Leadville, not far from there.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote