Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #31
Resident Masshole
 
force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
I have a garage compressor/tank I bought new in 1997 from Sears. Have never drained it and I'm not sure it has a drain valve, (In the old days we called these petcocks).

Maybe I should check it.
I empty mine every few months, which is as often as I remember. For $200, if this thing lasts 15 years before it goes boom, I'll have gotten my money's worth.
__________________

__________________
Tom F.
2013 GMC 2500HD SLT Crew Cab
2013 Rockwood Roo 23SS
Nights camped in 2014: 8
Nights camped in 2013: 30
force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
ernest917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Woodville, Texas
Posts: 1,713
Tmmar...

I'm sure you can pick one up at a Pilot or Love's truck stop.... No need to pay shipping... Just grab one next time you pass one of these truck stops...
__________________

__________________
ernest917 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Home is where I park it
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
It's all about looking good in ALL aspects of MY Berkshire so gotta have the chrome.... I'm sure numerous other Berk owners agree... Plus it's worth the extra $10 bucks to me....

Wow!!! You need to stop at the Iowa 80 Truckstop, exit 284, I-80, Walcott, Iowa. Largest truck stop in the world with 800+ parking spots. Plus a HUGE chrome shop.

I met a guy that was in there and had just bought $2000 worth of chrome goodies for his truck; and it was company truck, not even his own.

I guess that would be the epitome of stylin' and profilin' eh?? Or blinged to to the max???

No offense intended here ernest917, but I've always wondered if his kids (back home) were properly fed and clothed.

Boowho??
__________________
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
ernest917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Woodville, Texas
Posts: 1,713
Can't speak for him but our kids are grown and gone and we are spending their inheritance and loving life....
__________________
ernest917 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Can't speak for him but our kids are grown and gone and we are spending their inheritance and loving life....
I like your attitude. I hope to run out of money and be a burden to my children for a few years. They owe me. Ha. Really the best you can hope for is to die in your sleep (broke).
__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #36
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post

I have an older Sears one and it has a shader (sp) valve on the tank bottom. I leave it open when I am not using it.
Schrader "dork"
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #37
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post

Wow!!! You need to stop at the Iowa 80 Truckstop, exit 284, I-80, Walcott, Iowa. Largest truck stop in the world with 800+ parking spots. Plus a HUGE chrome shop.

I met a guy that was in there and had just bought $2000 worth of chrome goodies for his truck; and it was company truck, not even his own.

I guess that would be the epitome of stylin' and profilin' eh?? Or blinged to to the max???

No offense intended here ernest917, but I've always wondered if his kids (back home) were properly fed and clothed.

Boowho??
Love that place! Stop in once and awhile on my home from work.... drool...
Right across the big road from Cheyenne camping center.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #38
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Schrader "dork"
You know I am starting to agree with OC about you. I guess it is time to start reviewing your spelling plus when (sp) is placed after a word by the person typing it you should know that they are aware it is not correct.

OC - send me a PM.
__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #39
Berkshire 390QS
 
NO3putt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Posts: 1,251
Back to the subject, we have drained our air tanks several times and never seen any water come out. Spoke to a frightliner tech and he stated if your air dryer is working good you won't have any.
__________________
2011: 54 days, 2012: 218 days, 2013: 175 days, 2014: 196 days
2015: 188 days, 2016: 72 days, 2017: 185
2009 Berkshire, 390QS, and toad
Skip
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #40
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO3putt View Post
Back to the subject, we have drained our air tanks several times and never seen any water come out. Spoke to a frightliner tech and he stated if your air dryer is working good you won't have any.
Makes sense, but around here when the humidity is high I can actually see the moisture spew out of the tank.
__________________

__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.