Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2019, 08:30 PM   #1

How to access and adjust manual shades?

We have a couple of manual shades needing adjustment. They are Slow-Rise shades by Irvine Shade & door; there is good info online for adjusting.

Adjustment doesn't seem possible with the valance in place, but removing the valance for roller access doesn't appear straightforward to me.

Has anyone been through this before who could offer some tips/tricks for valance removal?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shade.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	198470  
Old 03-10-2019, 09:21 PM   #2
Dragonship Captain

Look here.... https://dragonship.blog/jammed-blind/

Since yours aren't jammed you can skip that part. So, reach up and unsnap from the brackets and remove the blind complete, mounted on the rail. ONLY th brackets remain. the valance is on its own, nothing to do with the blind or the brackets. Using a flat screw driver push and turn clockwise on the black side. The other is grey. (There's a small chance I have this reversed) You will know because you will feel tension on the correct side. Give it one full turn for starters. You can hold the frame rail and test the blind. When it feels good snap it back in the brackets and you're good to go.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:52 PM   #3

Thanks, Oscar. Not clear what you mean by " unsnap from the brackets." It's tight space within the valance; not much room for fingers. Is "unsnap" a pull down motion on the roller till it comes loose?
Old 03-10-2019, 10:17 PM   #4
Dragonship Captain

No, the frame of the blind snaps into the bracket which has two spring loaded prongs. One is longer than the other. The longer one provides a lever against which you can push to release the tension. I had enough room to reach and push on it with one finger.

First picture on my blog.... with red arrow.

Yours MAY be different, but I would be surprised.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 11.16.55 PM.png
Views:	152
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	198474  
Old 03-11-2019, 01:01 AM   #5

Thanks a lot! I'll check it tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:00 PM   #6

Shade release

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFather View Post
Thanks a lot! I'll check it tomorrow.
Use something that is 1/4" diameter that is cut flush off on end to push on the place Oscar says to push in his drawing. Hold shade with one hand and push on that spot with the other hand. John
ps: it's hard to get big hands up there.
feedfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:41 PM   #7

Roller Shade

Shout out to Oscar for the description on how to get the rail out of the bracket. Our roller shade fell off while coming home from our last camping trip. We have searched You Tube for two weeks trying to find someone that has repaired this issue. Needless to say we did not find anything.
We made an appointment to take our RV to the dealer this weekend. Our dealer is two and half hours one way but going to Myrtle Beach SC this time of year is probably three plus hours one way. Needless to say we were not looking forward to the trip but willing to make the trip.
We are so thankful we checked the forum for any ideas to save us the trip. I know you all posted this great information almost three months ago; but again Thank You.
WeTravel12050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 12:40 AM   #8
Dragonship Captain

I am delighted I was able to help!

Tags
manual