Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #1

I hate to say goodby...

but I just obligated myself to purchase a 2015 Entegra Anthem. Many thanks to all who have posted here. I can say w/o a doubt that I learned far more than I contributed.

It seems a little odd to be moving from a MH that is working perfectly to one where I have to go through those first few anxious months never knowing if something will fail. I had my trials and tribulation with the Berk to include a broken step, broken slide motor for the bunkhouse slide,leaking propane regulator and a hard pull to the right when delivered. I felt the alignment issue was more of a dealer or Freightliner issue. FR stepped up to the plate for the other issues. I still haven't sent them the invoice for repairing the slide but they responded quickly by sending me a new slide motor ASAP. They air freighted a step to me in Boise and had a roving tech come by to install it. Can't really complain at all. I paid for a new regulator and had it installed for less than $50.00, hardly worth bothering the factory about.

I will miss the wet bay on my coach, no one does it better. I believe I'll lose some storage and I'll miss that wide pullout. All in all it's been a positive experience.

Thanks again for the help and feeling that I belonged to this community. If anyone wants a lightly used 2014 400BH-360 let me know. You can imagine what I got for a trade.
Roadmaster Falcon 2 All Terrain
SMI Air Force 1
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Congrats on the Entegra Anthem! Don't leave us....you are still welcome here even with an SOB (some other brand).

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #3
Site Team

No need to say goodbye. Most RV's share similar appliances, frames, slides, etc.... and you may can find the answers here.

Just cause you started a relationship with a SOB, doesn't mean you're still not family here.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:16 PM   #4

I'm gonna say congrats on the new coach, man, that's like moving from the minors to the major leagues. Enjoy that Entegra and come by and visit us with pics.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:30 PM   #5

We looked at one last week. Very nice. We aren't doing it but only a money thing. Where did you buy it.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
We looked at one last week. Very nice. We aren't doing it but only a money thing. Where did you buy it.

MHSRV. We tried to buy one at several other dealers but mhsrv offered us $25000 more on our trade. With their latest price reduction we were in our comfort zone financially. I got the distinct impression that the other dealers didn't know much about FR or they just didn't want to trade.
SMI Air Force 1
Old 07-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #7

This is exactly what we are looking at doing. Would you mind letting me know what you got on trade? We looked at them in April at MHSRV but I didn't take the RV in for a trade appraisal. I just assumed it would be too low.
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmann View Post
This is exactly what we are looking at doing. Would you mind letting me know what you got on trade? We looked at them in April at MHSRV but I didn't take the RV in for a trade appraisal. I just assumed it would be too low.
Sent you a PM.
SMI Air Force 1
Old 07-09-2015, 05:06 PM   #9

Excellent. Thanks!
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:24 PM   #10

I am considering the same as well. Are they easy to work with? I haven't read much about the Entegra. How are they for quality?? I have been looking at Newmar but they are very pricey. What was the trade worth? I have a 2012 390bh60 and was concerned it would be a very low trade value.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:36 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
No need to say goodbye. Most RV's share similar appliances, frames, slides, etc.... and you may can find the answers here.

Just cause you started a relationship with a SOB, doesn't mean you're still not family here.
X3 on this. It's ok to stay and ask questions or even help other owners with your past experiences.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:40 AM   #12
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

Post some pics of the new coach. Love to see it!

TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:42 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas View Post
I am considering the same as well. Are they easy to work with? I haven't read much about the Entegra. How are they for quality?? I have been looking at Newmar but they are very pricey. What was the trade worth? I have a 2012 390bh60 and was concerned it would be a very low trade value.

The first thing I noticed was Entegras 2 year warranty. High quality build on a Spartan Chassis, Cummins ISL 450hp w/1250 ft. lbs. of torque, 15000 lb towing capacity, larger tires and wheels, etc. That is not to say they don't have their problems, they do. Customer Service is reputed to be excellent. Some would rate them above Newmar but for less money. I took a hit from mhsrv but not nearly as great as at other dealers. MHSRV sells a lot of Berks and I believe they know the product line, hence the higher trade in. Who knows? Maybe they just wanted out of their 2015 Entegras.

Go to the Entegra forums for more info and Google Entegra. Utube has 45 short videos on the delivery checklist and there are numerous videos on the coaches themselves.

Dan
SMI Air Force 1
Old 07-10-2015, 11:45 AM   #14

klucas

I dealt with mhsrv entirely by phone and email.

Dan
SMI Air Force 1
Old 07-10-2015, 12:43 PM   #15

How did they work trade by phone? Pictures ect? What do you think approx trade is on a 12 390bh 60.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:03 PM   #16

The mhsrv site has a trade in form that you can click on and send to them. No photos. I have no idea what your trade is worth. Try submitting the form. I got a call from a sales person rather quickly, I believe w/I 24 hours.
SMI Air Force 1
Old 07-10-2015, 06:39 PM   #17

Bought my 2014 390 BH-60 from MHSRV. I worked with Cowboy and it was seamless from start to finish. Even gave us a loaner car to get dinner and stock up on provisions before we headed home from Alvarado.
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
The mhsrv site has a trade in form that you can click on and send to them. No photos. I have no idea what your trade is worth. Try submitting the form. I got a call from a sales person rather quickly, I believe w/I 24 hours.

Thank you for the info. I will defiantly check them out. When you get your coach could you post here or PM me your experience. How did it go during walk thru and items that need repaired prior to leaving ect. I am curious how a long distance deal would go like that. Plus curious on how well the dealer prep or final factory walk thru is. I would hate to travel that far and sit for days while they "touch" things up. They do seem to be a high quality coach.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:10 PM   #19
Georgia Rally Coordinator

You can still stop by as most said a lot of RVs share same issues. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:14 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Boy View Post
Bought my 2014 390 BH-60 from MHSRV. I worked with Cowboy and it was seamless from start to finish. Even gave us a loaner car to get dinner and stock up on provisions before we headed home from Alvarado.
+1 on Cowboy. No pressure, if you're stuck in the decision process he'll help you get through the mire, but as effortless and low pressure transaction as you could dream about. Those guys (according to Cowboy) don't work on a commission structure like other lots; more of a salary plus bonus arrangement. Their posted prices on new rigs are generally as good as you can negotiate other places. Now, with that, the $$ trade-in you get there may be less than a deal where you're negotiating the new price against a trade-in but they have to resell the unit (and carry the paper on it until it sells) so that should make sense.

My unit delivery, because of MY schedule, was very rushed, but they knew I was coming, had replaced the fuel pump on the generator, and were finishing the final wash when i arrived. We zoomed through it all in less than 90 mins, went for a check out ride around the block and I drove home. I have to say they do a good job of checking everything before the rig is delivered.

I have yet to take it back for any service. I've had zero major issues, and the smaller issues I have to weigh out whether it's worth a 240 mile round-trip vs. a local repair of grabbing a wrench and fixing it.

I still get bored and surf the MHSRV.com site, because it was a daily habit for about 18 months! Also made 3 trips there and crawled in and out of at least 50 units, some just to gawk. I'm a fan and happy customer.

Gottawonder
Gottawonder is offline   Reply With Quote