Old 02-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #31
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

So it's ok to have the dish "upside-down"?

TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #32
Originally Posted by TaterColo View Post
I agree!

I have done a bit of research and my head is spinning. Maybe I'm making this more difficult than it should be. This is what I have at home.

*Direct Tv at home - Receiver Model HR24 (HD with DVR). Slimline dish with the SWM LNB (green label model SL3S4NR2-01)

I can buy a used Slimline dish with the same SWM LNB for the RV for around $40-$80. Then some sites say I need a power adapter because the box will not power the LNB? I looked around my house and can see no sign on this 24v power supply. Do I need that or not?

My goal is to purchase a used slimline dish, plug it into the the HR24 receiver - align and have HD TV. Is it/can it be that easy?
In my setup my reciver sends power over the cable to the LNB and the SAT signal also travels the same RG-6 back to the receiver.
I have a 211K receiver which is a slim line type used with DishNetwork.
Don't know id DirectTV works the same or not

2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #33
Berkshire 390QS
We purchased a new dish reciever at camping world for 149. Have a windgurd roof mounted satellite and it works great, just push a botton and it finds the correct satellites and changes as needed for different programs. we also signed up for distant network sevices so we get the major stations when out of our local area. Mighthave cost a bit more I'm sure but haven't been without tv yet.
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #34
Originally Posted by TaterColo View Post

So it's ok to have the dish "upside-down"?
The LNA does not care how it gets it's signal, the dish can be upside down, sideways or what ever as long as it is toward the sat. I have worked with different types of dishs and even used a pie pan just playing around but the best is 16 to 24 inch size dish, concaved to reflect the wave back into the LNA. Output of sat's wave length is around 2.5 milometers, transmitted in a cone pattern at both vertical and horizontal azimuth.

Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote