Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2014, 10:58 AM   #1

Exclamation In motion Satellite (non HD) with only HDMI hookup issue

disclaimer... post this thread under the tech follow as well. hope it's okay to post both places?

We have a 2014 Berkshire 400BH with a Connex HDMI 4x4 UTP Matrix hook up.

We want to use our Winegard RT4035T in-motion, non high-def, dish with our current Direct TV receivers but our receivers "do-not" have a HDMI connections...

I am not tech savvy... And I am hoping others have resolved this challenge? I understand using an HDMI to S video adapter is not a fix all. Has anyone bought new Direct TV receivers that aren't high def that still have a HDMI connection?

Thanks for any help!
Jetjdm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:24 AM   #2

I ended up installing the wineguard travlr HD dish to my 14 berk and love it. I've noticed my signal is much better than my old dome dish ever was and I never lose signals in storms or rain at all. Also being that it is a automatic open faced dish it finds a signal much easier than the domes when in a covered are from trees and what not. The other advantage to this dish other than it is HD, is that you get all three satellites so you get your locals also!! If you don't want to switch dishes then you can use a HD receiver without HD satellite. But you would have to swap it out with your non HD dish. My take on the whole thing was might as we'll go with the best if I spent the money on the coach. Use the HD capabilities it came with. Jmho....

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #3

Thanks for the input! We were just hoping to have an in-motion option... I see Dish Network offers a High Def receiver that works with the Winegard dome we have? The Dish network receiver has an HDMI connection that would work with the cables in the coach. I'm just at a cross road and don't quite know which way to go?

2014 Berkshire 400BH-360
2014 Jeep GC Overland
Jetjdm79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite