Old 04-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #11
Berkshire 390QS
Thanks tazfriend. Learn something everyday.

2011: 54 days, 2012: 218 days, 2013: 175 days, 2014: 196 days
2015: 188 days, 2016: 72 days,
2009 Berkshire, 390QS, and toad
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #12
Originally Posted by DanielJ View Post

Yes, I have the gas quick connect too. I don't have any appliances yet that will use that connection tho since my wife got us a Coleman road trip grill which needs high pressure gas.
I ran into that too after thinking what a great idea it was to have a quick connect propane fitting so handy for a grill. I eventually worked it out with a local propane tech to remove the regulator from my Weber Q grill (the pressure regulation happens at the MH tank) and rig up in its place a quick connect hose with a male fitting so now it works slick and easy via a quick connect hose and it works fine with the low pressure supplied iron pipe that is provided in the MH. The tricky part was finding the right connector for the supplied MH fitting. For such a potentially convenient access it was anything but to make it work :/ Once figured out it has been a very convenient part of our camp experience at every stop and use.
I also did some fittings so as to be able to use the front air hose connector for inflating toys or tires as needed but havent tried it yet. I had been wondering if the pressure in the tanks was enough when the MH is parked or if I would have to start up and make enough pressure to use.

mjracsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 AM   #13
i think this comes standard now on the latest models... here it is in my 2013 berkshire 390bh

himcules (10x stronger than hercules)
2013 Forest River Berkshire 390BH-60
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #14
I made my chuck after watching this video

There's enough pressure in the tank for me to inflate car and bike tires, but you'd need to fire up the MH engine to inflate to 110 psi in the MH tires.

2008 Berkshire 390TS
DanielJ is offline   Reply With Quote